how do you become the star player on your team-my player

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K11
  3. how do you become the star player on your team-my player

User Info: braves3526

braves3526
6 years ago#1
i'm on the knicks (SG for what its worth) and my overall is 89 and and the next highest rating is amare's at 85 and he's a star player and i'm not....what am i missing? do i need to hit 90 or 95 or do i have to make the all-star game? is it random? thanks for any advice

User Info: Waddlez

Waddlez
6 years ago#2
I read that you get the star at 85. I don't know though I'm at 84 right now. I think to get into the all star game you need to have league wide popularity and play well. I started the rookie game and I think I grabbed the last spot for the all star game.
http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/Fphroch13/12311166577386800.gif

braves3526
6 years ago#3
yeah its not 85, as far as i know. i'm up to 91 now and still no star. i think it has something to do with how much league wide popularity you have as well. i guess i don't have enough or something. also i highly doubt this but maybe its because i play on pro or whatever the default setting is instead of all-star or hall of fame mode or whatever. i doubt it but you never know

User Info: Facebreakr

Facebreakr
6 years ago#4
yea i have my player at 86 and i just have a wing under my guy no star

User Info: pujols4mvp49

pujols4mvp49
6 years ago#5
I could be wrong so don't take this to the bank but I think the star has to do with your contract. I think when you are signed as a star then you will get the star icon under your player. And that won't happen until you sign your first major contract. I don't think it has anything to do with your overall reaching a certain point. Again I can be wrong.
Lets go Yankees.

User Info: wwe_expert

wwe_expert
6 years ago#6
I'm an 87 and I have a star under me. It did not come @ 85 though. more like 86.
PSNID:DoomedxAvengers
"I want people to fear me"-Derrick Rose

braves3526
6 years ago#7
pujols you're partially right on your contract it will determine what your role is but your role can change. my role right now is starter not star, i want to know how to change my role to star midseason. and i'm positive 85 is the minimum.

User Info: dante21

dante21
6 years ago#8
I don't know how it works or how to change it. I'm in my second season for the bulls playing SF. I was in the high 80's overall when I got a star under my name and lost the 3. I just remember one game I had a the 3 icon under my name for 3 point shooter, then the next I had a star. I'm not adding much on how to get it, but how I got it.
  1. Boards
  2. NBA 2K11
  3. how do you become the star player on your team-my player

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived