Need Abyssal Forge Help!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. Need Abyssal Forge Help!!!

User Info: Rubedo_URTV_666

Rubedo_URTV_666
5 years ago#1
I am at the very beginning of the Abyssal Forge. I just beat the Mad Smith, and he told me to get 7 Chaos Cores. I am trying to enter the room behind the smith to get started, but everytime i do, the game freezes. has anyone else had this issue? what do I do? i have tried deleting and redownloading, and it still freezes. help someone!?
Gamertag: The Unus Mundus
PSN: cowboybbp1

User Info: Jinx32

Jinx32
4 years ago#2
You are not the only one. This game has frozen on me dozens of times. I put a complaint into THQ but have yet to hear back. I was able to get all the crystals and bring them back to the Forge Master. He gave me an amulet. Instead of going forward through the level across the acid, I went back to the start to explore. There was an area behind you when you start the DLC that I could now get over to.

Once inside, there is a ball puzzle. Then you get to the next room with a forge and a second ball puzzle where you need to be in two places at once. One spot you push a floor switch to drop a ball out of behind a fence and into a chute, the other spot is a hand crank to spin the floor. If I touch the floor switch, a cinema of the ball falling plays, then the game freezes. 100% of the time. If I instead go for the hand crank, the second I touch the B button to grab it, it freezes up. 100% of the time.

After rebooting the Xbox 10 times, I decided to go back to the Forge Master and do some forward progress instead. Now, when I get to the first ball puzzle of then entire DLC, as soon as I cross the bridge and am within spitting distance of the door to the Forge Master, it locks up. 100% of the time.

Now the DLC is completely broken. I cannot complete it, go forward, or backwards and have no choice but to leave the DLC which I payed for.
J

Jinx32
4 years ago#3
I loaded Belial and tried that. As soon as it loads, I take one step forward and it freezes. This is broken as well. Also, deleting the DLC's resulted in the game stating my gamesave is "unloadable". I cannot play the game at all unless the DLC's are reinstalled. Therefore I am now REQUIRED to have 700 megs of useless data on my hard drive in order to even play the game from now on because i have that stupid amulet from the Forge Master which is the only item I have kept since I started playing the DLC.
J

User Info: Rubedo_URTV_666

Rubedo_URTV_666
4 years ago#4
If anyone cares, the glitch seems to happen with the DLCs because the game cant recognize certain weapons you pick up IN the DLCs. therefore, any chest that I know has a special weapon, I have been ignoring, and managed to get to the end of all of the DLC missions. Unfortunately, i cant COMPLETE the DLC missions, because the reward is always a weapon that the game doesnt seem to like. so, if i complete 1 mission (and i can complete any one I like) then the game will give me a weapon, and everytime i try to go to finish any of the other missions, the game will freeze up (in fact, it will freeze up in the normal game as well if i talk past a point that triggers an auto save). so, after experimenting with this 100 times with back cloud saves, i finally have just kept my permanent save at the end of the campaign, and fight before the final boss fights of all 3 DLC missions. it is the only thing to do until a patch comes out, which i doubt it ever will.
Gamertag: Porta De Verum
PSN: cowboybbp1

User Info: terb8210

terb8210
4 years ago#5
Would selling/getting rid of/dropping the weapons from the DLC help at all since I'm getting the same problem?

Jinx32
4 years ago#6
I have nothing new in my inventory except that amulet which allows me to walk on the acid since I am on playthrough one, all maxed out. Nothing is better than what I already have. If I toss it, not sure how I can complete the game.
J
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. Need Abyssal Forge Help!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived