This game is AWESOME!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. This game is AWESOME!

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
4 years ago#1
I've had people tell me, play Darksiders, you'll love it! Years pass, DS2 comes out, same thing hapened. So, I finally picked it up. I'm only an hour in, about to go to the Stonefathers, iirc. Perfect mix of free form GOW style combat, PoP acrobatics and a mild Zelda vibe. All that said, do you vets have any tips for a newbie, long term? Easy to miss quests/items, etc? BTW, playing on Apocalyptic fir my first run. Do you unlock another difficulty after beating it?
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs

User Info: morthaeus

morthaeus
4 years ago#2
the only tips I can give you are to keep your eye out on possessed weapons. they are literally the best. also sell everything that isn't as good as what you have equipped as it waste space in your inventory and are only good to sacrifice to your possessed weapons and you get a ton more. keep your eye out for the collectible items as there are a lot and some of them help you get really good stuff. don't spend boatman coins until you get twenty as the most important thing you can buy is the possessed weapons. try to always use a weapon that gives you health back. it becomes crucial in situations like the crucible or the soul arbiter maze, and allows you to stock up on health potions for boss encounters. get the technique that lets you raise skeleton warriors. it will be your best friend especially when you upgrade to force enemies to pay attention to them. pay special attention to enemy attack patterns as you fight so you can always know when to dodge and how many hits you can get in before dodging. explore everywhere and look iN every nook and cranny.
Join the myth. Make it a legend. XBL GT morthaeus

User Info: morthaeus

morthaeus
4 years ago#3
also talk to everyone as much as possible. that's how you get a lot of your quests and some items too. I don't think there is another higher difficulty than apocalyptic. there is nightmare, but it is the same difficulty level as apocalyptic, but you only have one life, so if you die it's over.
Join the myth. Make it a legend. XBL GT morthaeus

User Info: donhibbardo

donhibbardo
4 years ago#4
I just started playing this too and it's amazing. It's like playing a comic book, the graphics and detail are awesome. I still can't believe that a 3 & 4 aren't automatic. I really hope they get made. This game gives me a little Soul Reaver nostalgia, I love it.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. This game is AWESOME!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived