Holy crap, this game is looooong.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. Holy crap, this game is looooong.

User Info: Staticnova

Staticnova
4 years ago#1
I decided recently to play some games in my backlog, so I completed Darksiders 1. Pretty cool game; you don't see the "Zelda formula" much anymore.

Before even finishing the first one, I'd already bought the second. I moved straight onto it, and the first thing that really struck me was the RPG influence. I've always loved loot in games, and mixing that in with the Darksiders level design is pretty nice. There are some hiccups in how they present the RPG stuff, but for the most part I fully welcome it.

The next thing that hit me was the vastness of the world, which later ties into the game's length. I mean, I just completed the Kingdom of the Dead and the Forge Lands feels like ages ago. I'm at a good 45+ hours in and I hear there's still a decent chunk left. Granted, I usually take my time with games that reward exploration, but jesus this game is huge.

My only worry is that it's starting to drag. The level design is fantastic, but there's only so many times I'm willing to meticulously scan a new room for the solution.
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?

User Info: donhibbardo

donhibbardo
4 years ago#2
I take my time too. Sometimes I'll catch myself looking at how much detail there is through holes in the wall. There's a later part where the background is just too good. Also scanning isn't so much an issue, it'll start becoming second nature when you have everything. I keep hoping the more that play, the better the chance this story gets finished.
(message deleted)

User Info: benjihad1819

benjihad1819
4 years ago#4
donhibbardo posted...
I take my time too. Sometimes I'll catch myself looking at how much detail there is through holes in the wall. There's a later part where the background is just too good. Also scanning isn't so much an issue, it'll start becoming second nature when you have everything. I keep hoping the more that play, the better the chance this story gets finished.

I thought this board was dead! Cool, it's got a few stragglers...like myself. I played GTA 5 a bit and yet to finish it because I felt like play darksiders 2. The game I started like a year ago than put down.

I restarted it and I cant put it down.

There's something about it. Because if you look at it from afar it's not all that impressive.,..

decent graphics but not high on the games with stellar visuals list.

Story is well put together and fun but again. Nothing mind blowing...but some intrigue lure spun around the mythical fantastical stuff I tend to like.

But there's this old school Zelda charm (that I found out myself upon never reading a thing about the game until after I started playing...but apparently most people catch on to this observation)

And the right amount if RPG aspects...I like the way it's done. Because it's not about beading stats...it's truly about picking a play style than equipping and or upgrading(upgrading weapons) the item that suits your needs.

Don't get me started on deaths voice....so good.

I also don't get a sense that it tries too hard to be "epic" or badass. It has a cartoony charm that makes things less bad sass and more story book fantastical.

Idk...rant rant rant...I want this board to come alive and I want a DS3

User Info: Staticnova

Staticnova
4 years ago#5
benjihad1819 posted...
and I want a DS3

Yeah, seriously. This IP has so much more potential. Whoever owns it now will hopefully do a good job - if they do it at all.

Strife and Fury seem super cool as well.
Toph: Why? You think I can't put up posters on my own? *glues a poster with the picture to the wall*
Toph: It's upside-down, isn't it?

User Info: donhibbardo

donhibbardo
4 years ago#6
Staticnova posted...
benjihad1819 posted...
and I want a DS3

Yeah, seriously. This IP has so much more potential. Whoever owns it now will hopefully do a good job - if they do it at all.

Strife and Fury seem super cool as well.

Totally agree with everything you said benjihad1819. There's enough of us Darksiders fans out there that if we unite we'll get the sequels we want. This series deserves a good conclusion too, so much potential there.
  1. Boards
  2. Darksiders II
  3. Holy crap, this game is looooong.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived