Yet another error topic.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Magicka
  3. Yet another error topic.

User Info: B1u3l1ghtning

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#1
Tried to start up the game and It flashes the "Steam is preparing to launch Magicka" window for about a second, and then...nothing...

Any ideas? is it my laptop? the game? Steam?

Well, now it says Magicka has stopped working as soon as I start it...progress I guess...
"It was a Mega Trout topic. One of those derailing is like having a train fall onto the tracks. "- pegusus123456

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#2
This is also the latest error message I've been getting.

RenderThread
System.ArgumentException: Texture width or height is larger than the device supports.
Parameter name: width
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture3D.CreateTexture(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depth, Int32 numberLevels, TextureUsage usage, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture3D..ctor(GraphicsDevice graphicsDevice, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depth, Int32 numberLevels, TextureUsage usage, SurfaceFormat format)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Texture3DReader.Read(ContentReader input, Texture3D existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Magicka.Game.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Magicka.Game.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
at Magicka.Program.Main(String[] args)
"It was a Mega Trout topic. One of those derailing is like having a train fall onto the tracks. "- pegusus123456

User Info: Shannon232

Shannon232
6 years ago#3
Happened to me, go to properties and verify the game, it should download any files it missed.

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#4
Verified it twice, still nothing, and I get these error messages along with the one that I normally:

LoaderThread
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "UI\Font\Maiandra18". GraphicsDevice component not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.get_GraphicsDevice()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.Texture2DReader.Read(ContentReader input, Texture2D existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
at PolygonHead.BitmapFont..ctor(ContentReader iInput)
at PolygonHead.Pipeline.BitmapFontReader.Read(ContentReader iInput, BitmapFont existingInstance)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Magicka.Graphics.FontManager..ctor()
at Magicka.Graphics.FontManager.get_Instance()
at Magicka.GameLogic.UI.MessageBox..ctor(String iMessage)
at Magicka.GameLogic.UI.GamerCustomizeMessageBox..ctor()
at Magicka.GameLogic.UI.GamerCustomizeMessageBox.get_Instance()
at Magicka.Gamers.Gamer..ctor(String iGamerTag)
at Magicka.GameLogic.Profile.Read()
at Magicka.Game.LoaderFunction()

Init Audio
System.InvalidOperationException: This resource could not be created.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.WaveBank..ctor(AudioEngine audioEngine, String nonStreamingWaveBankFilename)
at Magicka.Audio.AudioManager.Init()

I looked for the file it mentioned in the first error message, and it's all there, so I know it can't be that...

User Info: CaptainCrisp

CaptainCrisp
6 years ago#5
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=5926d466dfbc7f4d0518a82a09a50a54&t=1730330

this solved my problem.
Sup

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#6
Still nothing...

User Info: Shannon232

Shannon232
6 years ago#7
Whats your specs?

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#8
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
4GB RAM

B1u3l1ghtning
6 years ago#9
Also, I tried to reinstall the XNA and .net Framework, and it SEEMED like it worked...but then sai it Downloaded some kind of DLC, but doesn't start up.

User Info: DW2189

DW2189
6 years ago#10
Are you sure that graphic card is strong enough to run the game?
  1. Boards
  2. Magicka
  3. Yet another error topic.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived