my save file keeps getting damaged (corrupted) in legacy dlc,need help please!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. my save file keeps getting damaged (corrupted) in legacy dlc,need help please!

User Info: snake2410

snake2410
5 years ago#31
Der_Nacht_Blitz posted...
snake2410 posted...
snake2410 posted...
ZeroJinKui posted...
wow, i was considering getting dragon age 2 sometime... but after seeing this, i definitely changed my mind.

maybe if they make an ultimate edition and have this huge game-breaking glitch fixed, then i'll buy it... maybe.

I'm currently testing a few things to see if I can get a workaround thats not going to cause any huge problems and if it works then this glitch may not be as bad as it seems. Still, Bioware is supposedly working on a patch to fix it, they just haven't updated us in like a month on the current progress of said patch.

I just hope that the patch fix the problem and for those that have save files before the corruption dont have to start a new game.

I tried finishing the game after going back through the end of Legacy and removing the sibling equipment before finishing, then running through MotA without using them and then not using the sibling in the last quest and i still get the corruption. The only other thing left is to replay all of Legacy without using the sibling and then go through MotA and the last quest and seeing if it will trigger it still. I don't have the time or patience for that though so if someone else decides to try it and confirm then it'd be nice, otherwise unless they release a patch that doesn't mess up my good saves and lets me finish then I'm done with Bioware.

Damn! I don't have the patience either lol.DA:O and ME2 for PS3 never gave me trouble with save file glitches,I played both game with the lastest patch tho.DA2 was clearly rushed.Lets pray for ME3 (PS3) to be game breaking bugs free.If they don't fix DA2 I wont beat the game and will not buy DA3,fact.

I know, as of right now I'm not even planning on getting ME3 until its been out long enough for the glitches to show themselves, and then I'll see. I'll be too busy with Kingdoms of Amalur to even bother anyways. I still need to replay ME2 on the paragon path so that I can recover my save from when my PS3 YLOD'd last January.
PSN: snake2410

User Info: pk1154

pk1154
5 years ago#32
snake2410 posted...
I tried finishing the game after going back through the end of Legacy and removing the sibling equipment before finishing, then running through MotA without using them and then not using the sibling in the last quest and i still get the corruption. The only other thing left is to replay all of Legacy without using the sibling and then go through MotA and the last quest and seeing if it will trigger it still. I don't have the time or patience for that though so if someone else decides to try it and confirm then it'd be nice, otherwise unless they release a patch that doesn't mess up my good saves and lets me finish then I'm done with Bioware.

This is why the problem is going to be hard to fix; the degree of "broken-ness" seems to vary from player to player. There is some subtle problem behind this that results in a range from immediately catastrophic to delayed catastrophic to avoidable to never. Throw in different playing styles and PS3 system versions...well...

I exit this game and load from auto-saves a lot. I clear my inventory frequently. I have a fat PS3 (model CECHL-01). I play connected to the Playstation Network and Dragon Age servers. I keep current on revisions and patches. I usually have only one game that I play exclusively for a while (not a lot of swapping discs out). Does any of this make a difference?
We're having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.

snake2410
5 years ago#33
pk1154 posted...
snake2410 posted...

This is why the problem is going to be hard to fix; the degree of "broken-ness" seems to vary from player to player. There is some subtle problem behind this that results in a range from immediately catastrophic to delayed catastrophic to avoidable to never. Throw in different playing styles and PS3 system versions...well...

I exit this game and load from auto-saves a lot. I clear my inventory frequently. I have a fat PS3 (model CECHL-01). I play connected to the Playstation Network and Dragon Age servers. I keep current on revisions and patches. I usually have only one game that I play exclusively for a while (not a lot of swapping discs out). Does any of this make a difference?

I'm betting its something farther back then I was willing to go right now. I play on a slim but otherwise everything else is pretty much the same. I'm throwing in the towel for now though. I can go to my pre MotA save and finish the last quest without any issues, its when I go through MotA that it corrupts when I reach the Gallows Prison. I've just ran out of patience and it seems like Bioware just doesn't care enough to keep us updated on their end.

User Info: pk1154

pk1154
5 years ago#34
snake2410 posted...

I'm betting its something farther back then I was willing to go right now. I play on a slim but otherwise everything else is pretty much the same. I'm throwing in the towel for now though. I can go to my pre MotA save and finish the last quest without any issues, its when I go through MotA that it corrupts when I reach the Gallows Prison. I've just ran out of patience and it seems like Bioware just doesn't care enough to keep us updated on their end.

Oh, I have a suspicion that the real hold-up here is that EA became Bioware's over-lord.

EA is known for a number of things, and supporting product is not one of them.
We're having a great time: food, wine, a little personal abuse, and the universe going foom.

User Info: Der_Nacht_Blitz

Der_Nacht_Blitz
5 years ago#35
I have a PS3 120gb slim first series model and this is the first time I ever have this time of problem with any game.
Sieg oder tod!

snake2410
5 years ago#36
I have a PS3 120gb slim first series model and this is the first time I ever have this time of problem with any game.

Yeah, I doubt it has to do with model of PS3 unless there is something extremely different between the different models.

Most likely its something to do with how we've played our character up to that point, and those few that actually got through both and the end game did something slightly different (maybe missed a quest or didn't have to do one because of their import/choices at the beginning) and that is what is causing the bug to corrupt our saves.

Only way I can get an end game save is if I skip MotA all together and just jump right into The Last Straw, my saves work fine then. Haven't had the heart to try MotA after finishing the last quest though, don't want to get half way through it and get the corruption again.

User Info: patapikachu

patapikachu
5 years ago#37
How best to avoid this problem?
Kingdoms under heaven: once united will divide, once divided will unite.
Hi

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 years ago#38
patapikachu posted...

Don't buy the DLC.

Otherwise your guess is as good as anyone's.
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.

snake2410
5 years ago#39
Bob the Almighty posted...
patapikachu posted...

Don't buy the DLC.

No one really has figured out exactly what is causing it and Bioware hasn't done squat about trying to fix it and doesn't respond to any of our forum posts about it.

User Info: Bob the Almighty

Bob the Almighty
5 years ago#40
snake2410 posted...
Bob the Almighty posted...
patapikachu posted...

Don't buy the DLC.

No one really has figured out exactly what is causing it and Bioware hasn't done squat about trying to fix it and doesn't respond to any of our forum posts about it.

Yeah I know. I post as Hideo Sakaguchi at the Bioware forums.

That is why I say it is best not to download the DLC at all.
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. my save file keeps getting damaged (corrupted) in legacy dlc,need help please!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived