Which save do I import?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. Which save do I import?

User Info: Mmaguy

Mmaguy
6 years ago#1

Hey guys,

I Just finished Origins, going to play through Awakening/Witch Hunt next, and my question is:

I can do Awakening first, then Witch Hunt, and when I transfer my save over to Dragon Age 2, do I transfer over my Witch Hunt save?

I'm confused as to which save has all the data I've completed through all the game. After I completeall 3 of them (Origins, Awakening, Witch Hunt) which save do I transfer into DA2 to keep all the data?

Sorry if it sounds confusing.

User Info: Ryedog87

Ryedog87
6 years ago#2
Awakening is gonna take awhile to finish it's pretty long. It should automatically transfer everything over but I know it's gonna use your origins save and witch hunt. It doesn't matter what order you play them in. But like I said awakening is gonna take a good while

User Info: Mmaguy

Mmaguy
6 years ago#3
Yeah, I've beaten it before, I've played them all (except Witch Hunt), but I lost all my saves from an uninstall a long time back.

So, If I play through Awakening then through Witch Hunt, it will combine each one of those together, but which save to I transport? The one from the last one I play?

What I mean is,

I transfer my Origins save into Awakening, then I transfer my Awakening into Witch Hunt, then I transfer Witch Hunt into DA2? I'm confused on how that works.

User Info: Ryedog87

Ryedog87
6 years ago#4
i'm sure it will tell you how to transfer everything once you get the full version

User Info: Onallion

Onallion
6 years ago#5
Probably Witch Hunt.

User Info: Torque86

Torque86
6 years ago#6
I think Bioware stated that if you are going for the import, you have to select a save from each section of origins and it's expansions. So if you want to import everything from upto Witch Hunt - You select one save from Origins, one from Awakenings, one from Golems of Amgarak and one from Witch Hunt. So a total of 4 saves to import.

User Info: some09guy II

some09guy II
6 years ago#7
Should only require the last chronological one. In this case, Witch Hunt.

User Info: Torque86

Torque86
6 years ago#8
After a little research it appears that I was wrong and the poster above me was right. This is straight from the wiki which obviously doesn't make it full proof but it's something to go on:

Dragon Age II allows the player to import saves from any completed Dragon Age: Origins playthrough. So, while you may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age II, the choices of The Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world. Choices from Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, The Golems of Amgarrak, and Witch Hunt will also be imported. The player must import his or her save games in a single chain tracing all the way back to Dragon Age: Origins to be able to import all game data (i.e. rather than two separate transfers from Origins/Awakening to the respective DLC).

So yeah its going to be 1 save to import but it has to be a chain going back to origins.

User Info: Fayt16

Fayt16
5 years ago#9
When you say chain you mean something like this?

Dragon age origins save went to awakenings which went to golem which in turn goes to witch hunt.

So for DA2 I would import the last save? the one from witch hunt?
SSF4 Main: Juri. MvC3 Main: Zero, Hulk, Dormammu
PSN: YuukiFayt
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age II
  3. Which save do I import?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived