You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I see people talking about how they only want "legit" legendaries in trades. Why does it matter if they're hacked or not? Are hacked ones weaker or something? I'm just curious. I've never raised a hacked pokemon, i've just got 'em to fill my Dex up, so I wouldn't know.
1. Theyre worried it wouldnt pass testing for official tournies 2. They think it destroys some sort of fictitious "value" of "legit" versions that they never had to begin with 3. They regret not having a hack device themselves to get what they want when they want 4. They have a subconcious sense of having wasted time going through IV hunting/breeding and EV training
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/mygames/index.html?user=lunarsword Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
1. I don't need them - 151 in Gen 1 - 252 in Gen 2 (I remember it being glitched... I think it was because of an egg though - All I could in Gen 3 (Didn't trade Pokémon from FR/LG to R/S/E other than move from RSE to FR/LG) - All in Gen 4 (Even though I didn't get Arceus until last year some time. - All but 3 in Gen 5 (the last 3).
2. They're hacked (no explanation needed)
3. Hacked Pokémon "can" probably damage your game and of course not allowed in certain areas. (Had a friend with ONLY hacked Pokémon and he couldn't play PBR as they all came out as bad eggs... good for him).
4. They're not weaker... more like stronger than what the game allow which isn't really fair... it's like a Civil War Soldier against a Modern Soldier
5. People like the pleasure/feeling of accomplishing something in the game rather than go "aaah I got all 649 Pokémon in my game/dex 2 days after buying the game! Woooo!!!"
Those are the more general reasons. I myself have no respect for people with hacked Pokémon
EDIT: And to the guy about "They just mad they don't have a device". If I want I could probably buy one device per DS system I got AND one for the 3DS I'm getting on Sunday... but of course I rather not
GT: Ayumi Spender ~~~~~~~~~~ PS0: 4597 9585 4793 Only talk to me when I order you to.
EffectAndCause posted... I see people talking about how they only want "legit" legendaries in trades. Why does it matter if they're hacked or not? Are hacked ones weaker or something? I'm just curious. I've never raised a hacked pokemon, i've just got 'em to fill my Dex up, so I wouldn't know.
The reason I personally don't want to be traded hacked Pokemon is because I don't trust the people to give me hacks. I don't know whether or not they have the ability to properly hack something, and a bad hack can cause problems in games, like Bad Eggs. That's why I prefer not to get them.
My Current Pokemon Projects: http://i54.tinypic.com/2ivbifd.png Blue is Green, Leaf is Blue, Yellow's gone missing, and Red's always a badass.