Help with Pokegen Wifi-Ready

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Help with Pokegen Wifi-Ready

User Info: Noob4Hire

Noob4Hire
6 years ago#1
The pokemon I have are not created from scratch they were either caught or hatched then modified afterwards.

I have been reading a lot about PIDs and their correlation to Abilities, Natures and IVs however I am still very new to this and it seems the ones I caught in Black and White I modified IVs then gave legal PIDs(Pokegen) and it worked on going on wifi.

However I have pokemon I really DID poketransfer from Pokemon Pearl and they were hatched and EV trained(/w PKRS) in Pearl I then modified their IVs/Nature/EV Spread in Black and White then gave legal PIDs.

These pokemon that I have transferred I modified afterwards and gave legal PIDs dont work on Wifi.

Can someone please explain to me how can I get them wifi-legal.

Id appreciate if someone can explain to me how to get my pokemon wifi-legal that legitimately came from pearl just modified after I transferred them to B/W.

Thanks.

Oddly Hippowdon that I caught in Pearl from wild I gave egg move Slack Off works on Wifi in B/W.

My egg hatched pokemon from D/P dont seem to be working. (I did modify IV/EV Spreads when they transferred to B/W) I gave them legal PIDs but still dont work on wifi.

Heres my link if any you guys can help me out.

Thanks.

http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?14647-Please-help-me-make-my-pokemon-Wifi-Ready&p=121147
Pokemon White FC: 2021 9085 3628
Standard Rules B/W: Record 9 Win - 16 Loss >='(

User Info: snsste

snsste
6 years ago#2
I had the same problem as you, i tested this with pokegen AND pokesav, pokesav worked, pokegen didnt, i suggest you try pokesav when editing pokemon and see how it goes, if that doesnt work, post back here and i will try to reply soon :)
Platinum FC: 3180-3342-0571
Name: Stephen

Noob4Hire
6 years ago#3
Thanks

Well I just brought Gliscor Garchomp Tyranitar to Pokesav and when I hit generate PID it shows the exact PIDs in the list that I chosen for them in Pokegen. So the PIDs seem to be legal unless I am missing something.

It says Type1 also for all 3 of them I am assuming Type1 is for Poketransferred pokemon?
I think Pokegen said Type1 PID method is for GenIV pokemon?

argh now I feel stuck again since Pokesav just reaffirmed the PIDs were correct from Pokegen.

User Info: Anubis68

Anubis68
6 years ago#4
Wi-Fi mostly checkes for moves/abilities a pokemon can't know. When I'm not mistaking it doesn't check PID.
Always take things like 4th gen only moves and egg moves into account.
FC in user info// wins:23 - losses:11 - draws 2
PSN: Turgay8 (I'm not gay, it's my name)

Noob4Hire
6 years ago#5
OH I found something odd in pokesav.

The place Met and the Location are Blank?!

In Pokegen it says Daycare Couple G4 though...

Anubis68
6 years ago#6
Noob4Hire posted...
Thanks

Well I just brought Gliscor Garchomp Tyranitar to Pokesav and when I hit generate PID it shows the exact PIDs in the list that I chosen for them in Pokegen. So the PIDs seem to be legal unless I am missing something.

It says Type1 also for all 3 of them I am assuming Type1 is for Poketransferred pokemon?
I think Pokegen said Type1 PID method is for GenIV pokemon?

argh now I feel stuck again since Pokesav just reaffirmed the PIDs were correct from Pokegen.

Download the latest pokegen and leave the PID field blank. Pokegen will automatically fill in a legit PID upon saving/leaving (not sure which)

Noob4Hire
6 years ago#7
Gliscor
Baton Pass (Egg Move)
Sword Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake

Garchomp
Sword Dance
Substitute
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Tyranitar
Crunch
Ice Beam
Subsitute
Focus Punch TM

I dont see anything wrong with these movesets?

Anubis68
6 years ago#8
Noob4Hire posted...
OH I found something odd in pokesav.

The place Met and the Location are Blank?!

In Pokegen it says Daycare Couple G4 though...

G4?
edit: oh, gen 4. it should say (pokétransfer) or day-care couple, because the game doesn't knoe gen 4 day-care couple

Noob4Hire
6 years ago#9
This is gonna SOUND really stupid I got Gliscor and Tyranitar working on Wifi by removing PKRS.

However Garchomp still doesnt work.. argh what could possibly be the problem!? >.<

hope someone knows.

Anubis68
6 years ago#10
Could u list the place met and stuf, preferably from pokegen
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Help with Pokegen Wifi-Ready

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived