Assuming they decide to do 3D models for the Pokemon in this game...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Assuming they decide to do 3D models for the Pokemon in this game...

User Info: PleaseEatSir

PleaseEatSir
7 years ago#11
No it's not. Ninokuni will use a 512 MB cart.

Really?

Well look, there's now more space for DS games to work with. *applauds*

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
7 years ago#12
I for one would be very happy if we just stopped with the bits and used bytes as the unit of memory. That way we wouldn't have the whole mess every time someone's talking about the DS cartridges.
The Sony PSP's enormous library can be best described as a couple of gold nuggets scattered amungst a pile of steaming dog crap. - Hotsuma_Son

User Info: brawl__08

brawl__08
7 years ago#13
I'm not saying that they can or will do it, I'm talking hypothetically <_<
http://memoryera.webs.com/ Site to discuss Pokemon games without trolls, if you're interested.
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8572/brawl08.png

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
7 years ago#14
To the above poster 1 gigabyte equals 1024 megabytes (not that it really matters)

User Info: Poliwrath

Poliwrath
7 years ago#15
I think it would be interesting, to say the least, to see a cel-shaded 3D pokemon game with Zelda DS style graphics.

User Info: Zarren364

Zarren364
7 years ago#16

210. Although Joker 2 is set to feature over 300.

Wait, there's a DQMJ2??

Tech.

As for the 3d models, it may just be my nostalgia acting up, but I'd much rather have nice clean looking 2d sprites instead of badly done 3d models. IF they can achieve the quality of DMQJ, I'd be fine with it, but any less and GF lost a fan.
Bad graphics can be compensated for with a good story, but Pokemon isn't famous for good stories.

The graphics need to be nice enough to make it seem like your not trudging through a puddle of mud just to enjoy the game play mechanics that Pokemon provide would be the best way to sum up what I am saying.
I am about to quote every RPG with text in it ever "...."-
everyone log out and turn off your computers now, it's all over.

User Info: pimanrules

pimanrules
7 years ago#17

1 gigabyte equals 1024 megabytes

No it doesn't.

You are also confusing giga- and gibi-
board=579145

User Info: NeoSioType

NeoSioType
7 years ago#18
I never knew the term was was so ambiguous... I checked the wikipedia article. Frankly I never even heard of a gibi-prefix.

So IEEE and other standardized organizations have created this and are endorsing it to eliminate any confusion... but not too many people are using them? No wonder I never heard of it.

User Info: PleaseEatSir

PleaseEatSir
7 years ago#19
It's always been said, even by developers back when 2gb were big, "A DS's cart largest is 2gigabit)

got gibibyte

User Info: PChaosWM

PChaosWM
7 years ago#20
I'm thinking this game will be on the next Nintendo handheld. I'm assuming it'll be able to handle the graphics.
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3394-9674-0193
SSBB FC: 3867-4310-3306 (>")>-|====/
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Assuming they decide to do 3D models for the Pokemon in this game...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived