Going for Shiny Zorua via Masuda Method

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Going for Shiny Zorua via Masuda Method

User Info: Neko_Shigi

Neko_Shigi
6 years ago#1
Already have a full box full of Male Zorua w/ Dark Pulse and Extrasensory. This isn't necessarily a trade topic, just stating this. Hopefully get that shiny.
Pokemon Black FC: 3482 1879 9541

User Info: neo_x_gamer

neo_x_gamer
6 years ago#2
I've actually started this myself a few days ago and managed to hatch a Shiny Zorua after hatching 30+ Eggs from a batch of over 70 or so.
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 5457-1540-3000

User Info: the_phenom_

the_phenom_
6 years ago#3
What exactly is this Masuda Method I keep hearing abut?

User Info: MorbidCheshire

MorbidCheshire
6 years ago#4
the_phenom_ posted...

Google is hard, huh?

The Masuda Method is breeding two pokemon from different regions- for example, a Japanese Ditto and a US Zorua- to increase your chances of shiny babies. The chances of having a shiny Pokémon in the egg will increase to 1/2048 instead of the usual 1/8192.
~neverknowsbest~
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: Dervish, 5156-5493-0616

User Info: Neko_Shigi

Neko_Shigi
6 years ago#5
^ And that's a pretty sizeable difference. Then again, RNG can still screw you over.
Pokemon Black FC: 3482 1879 9541

User Info: the_phenom_

the_phenom_
6 years ago#6

Google is hard, huh?

The Masuda Method is breeding two pokemon from different regions- for example, a Japanese Ditto and a US Zorua- to increase your chances of shiny babies. The chances of having a shiny Pokémon in the egg will increase to 1/2048 instead of the usual 1/8192.

Oh, that. I didn't know this was called the Masuda Method. Still wish I had a Japanese Ditto though.

User Info: neo_x_gamer

neo_x_gamer
6 years ago#7
MorbidCheshire posted...
the_phenom_ posted...

Google is hard, huh?

Actually the odds are 1/1365.3 in 5th Gen with the Masuda Method now..
Pokemon SoulSilver FC: 5457-1540-3000

User Info: calvin_0

calvin_0
6 years ago#8
Neko_Shigi posted...
^ And that's a pretty sizeable difference. Then again, RNG can still screw you over.

its not really that much, its still less then 1% of chance to get a shiny.

6 boxes of zorua and still no shiny... but i'm not breeding for shiny to begin with, i just throw in a jpn ditto and hope to get lucky.
You cant compare RE5 to Dead Space, its like comparing a broken SDTV to brand new HDTV.
Supended on Gamefaqs:- 2; Other Forum:- 0
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. Going for Shiny Zorua via Masuda Method

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived