Best Effects for a Longbow and Greatsword

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  3. Best Effects for a Longbow and Greatsword

User Info: Unknwnwrrior

Unknwnwrrior
5 years ago#1
What are the best effects to put on both if I'm going for a 50/50 might/finesse character preferring an offensive approach?
I was debating between piercing, +dmg, +dmg%, steal health, +%crit, +crit dmg, etc.

Any ideas?

User Info: Billy Trance

Billy Trance
5 years ago#2
steal health doesn't work with bow. put piercing damage on it.

for sword, use health siphon.

User Info: Unknwnwrrior

Unknwnwrrior
5 years ago#3
What about the other 3 options? Secondary and Tertiary component + Gem?

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
5 years ago#4
Billy Trance posted...
steal health doesn't work with bow. put piercing damage on it.

Steal health does work with bows. I had a bow with steal health and daggers with steal mana for a while and it worked fine.

Don't know about might/finesse but for pure finesse I prefer bows with high critical chance.

User Info: Valor_Phoenix

Valor_Phoenix
5 years ago#5
Piercing is a solid weapon gem to use, otherwise I'd say critical chance and damage stacking is very effective.
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
5 years ago#6
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit? So would make crit chance redundant as you should only be using charged shots. I use gem with Poison damage as Finesse has some very good poison bonuses and it helps put DoT on a crowd of enemies with Arrow Rain.
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
5 years ago#7
the_requiem posted...
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit?

Well sometime I only deal a few hundreds damage and other times it's a four digit damage so I /assumed/ it is the difference between normal and critical hit since I always charge my shots.

( Talking about the first arrow too so bleeding effect does not apply yet )

??

User Info: the_requiem

the_requiem
5 years ago#8
kyncani posted...
the_requiem posted...
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit?

Well sometime I only deal a few hundreds damage and other times it's a four digit damage so I /assumed/ it is the difference between normal and critical hit since I always charge my shots.

( Talking about the first arrow too so bleeding effect does not apply yet )

??

Does it happen with Scattershot? I think no. of arrows that always crit varies with level of Scattershot. I mostly use Arrows to put some DoT. Maybe I confused putting DoT with Crit... bows ALWAYS put DoT.
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
5 years ago#9
Friends,

Charges shots do crit, from what I remember here. But after like 35 or 40 in Fit, I had so many arrows, the monster would be so close, its time to fire the rest rapid fire. Charged is like good for the first 3 or 4. After that, they are to close.

Then I went to my c-rams. and finished them off.

did we talk about cold effects??? I THINK that slows stuff down. so that might be nice on a bow, when they are running at you, to slow them down, for MORE charged shots.

Thats my 2 coppers on Dat.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.

User Info: Valor_Phoenix

Valor_Phoenix
5 years ago#10
DoTs are a waste of damage output since they aren't effected by criticals or other mods. +25 Piercing will do far more damage than even 100 cold by end game.

Critical hits typically show up on blood-splatter backgrounds.

If any DoT is worthwhile, it's Bleeding for the physical damage taken debuff. Go Barbed Arrows!

That's also why Shadow Flare is a great early game opener for melee.
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  3. Best Effects for a Longbow and Greatsword

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived