The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Dual wield swords?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: TheBaldAdept

TheBaldAdept
5 years ago#1
My first character in most fantasy rpg's is a dual wield, heavy armoured battlemage - I can see you can dual wield daggers, and I have found heavy armour and some magical buffs which suit this character, but is it possible to dual wield larger weapons?
Shriek like a girl and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back...

User Info: CthulhuDagon

CthulhuDagon
5 years ago#2
No just chakrams, daggers, & faeblades (though faeblades are fairly big).
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.

User Info: Dart_Feld7

Dart_Feld7
5 years ago#3
No, you can't DW swords. You can use them for your primary and secondary slots if you so wish though.
#~~<3<3 - dingdong_malice - <3<3~~#
#~~<3<3 - Kadd - <3<3~~#

User Info: TheBaldAdept

TheBaldAdept
5 years ago#4
CthulhuDagon posted...
No just chakrams, daggers, & faeblades (though faeblades are fairly big).

hmmm, may have to have a look at the skill trees again. Though i would imagine Faeblade's usefulness comes from allied skills in the finesse branch, such as crits and sneak attacks. Oh well, guess i will have to go with a single blade in this one....

Still looks interesting mind.
Shriek like a girl and keep sobbing until he turns away in disgust. That's when it's time to kick some back...

User Info: CthulhuDagon

CthulhuDagon
5 years ago#5
The Might/Finesse destinies actually make more sense for a "dual wield" build, hence the last one being called Blademaster.

Look at the final destiny cards in each of the pure melee builds:

Blademaster (Might/Finesse)
+25% Melee Attack Damage
+20% Ranged Attack Damage
+12% Chance to Critical Hit
+15% Piercing Damage
+25% Damage While in Stealth
Cut Throat: +15% Physical Damage, +1% Chance to Steal Health, and Gold Drops as 20% of Damage for 5 seconds when striking fallen enemies.

Warlord (Pure Might)
+30% Melee Attack Damage
+20% Block Efficiency
+20% Stun Duration
+20% Chance to Stun
Last Stand: Automatically resurrect with 20% Health. Health drains until an enemy is killed.

Nightblade (Pure Finesse)
+30% Ranged Attack Damage
+60% Damage Resistance While Dodging
+12% Chance To Critical Hit
+20% Piercing Damage
Assassination: +20% Damage vs. Human-Sized or Smaller Enemies.
Evasion: +11% Chance To Avoid Hit

Combined with rogue-like gear that ups +crit, I'd say Blademaster could be pretty nasty.
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.

User Info: Joshuatree25m

Joshuatree25m
5 years ago#6
TheBaldAdept posted...
My first character in most fantasy rpg's is a dual wield, heavy armoured battlemage - I can see you can dual wield daggers, and I have found heavy armour and some magical buffs which suit this character, but is it possible to dual wield larger weapons?

Hey bro, while it's true you can't technically wield 2 swords at the same time, you can switch between 2 1 handed swords seamlessly and combo them into attacks manually using x and y. Also, if you do go with daggers, they come in many different variety's as you get more powerful ones. I have seen a set that look like 2 short swords recently. I don't remember where or I'd link them, but if I didn't know any better, I would have assumed they were 2 swords. Also in the E3 demo from last year "briggands hall demo" if you look it up on youtube, it's a 20 min play through of the slayer destiny and he looks to be wielding a samurai type of sword!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived