hip-fire, pop-shot, hard-aim

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gears of War 3
  3. hip-fire, pop-shot, hard-aim

User Info: SF_Eclipse

SF_Eclipse
6 years ago#11
whatever i want to do tbh but mainly hip fire for me

User Info: gsninja

gsninja
6 years ago#12
I hipfire virtually the entire time I'm using a shotgun. I'll pop-shoot if the enemy's running away, although I'll generally end up switching to my rifle when that happens.
3DS FC - 5455 9389 5386 [www.vgdistrict.com]
OH NO U DI'IN'T, GURLFRIEND

User Info: Sensei2781

Sensei2781
6 years ago#13
When in a close shotgun battle, i always hip fire, aiming will slow you down, medium range hard-aim, long switch to rife.

User Info: Hui_Tian

Hui_Tian
6 years ago#14
I almost always Pop-Shot, as that it doesn't take that long to aim with a Shotty.. the exception to this is if someone gets the jump on me or i'm outnumbered.

User Info: MantleNotMouse

MantleNotMouse
6 years ago#15
I hip fire at close range...it doesn't usually work well, though. >_>
Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy
#DFAFiggins

User Info: manonfiya

manonfiya
6 years ago#16
What is pop-shot?

User Info: 9mmBullett

9mmBullett
6 years ago#17
I never fire from the hip i find it too difficult. I prefer hard aiming most of the time and I pop shot from medium range and under.
---
GT: DurantulA35x

User Info: Bossfella

Bossfella
6 years ago#18
In Gears 2, I normally hipfire, because it's inconsistent no matter what I do, so I might as well get them off quickly.

In Gears 3, on those rare occasions where I used the Gnasher, I normally did the pop-shot thing. I'm guilty of hard-aiming with any weapon, due to being used to playing with rifles.
Gamertag: Bossfella
I am a conscience-free, malignant cancer on society.

User Info: oilersfan99

oilersfan99
6 years ago#19
Gears ( 1 ) - Pop Shot
Gears ( 2 ) - Hip Fire
Gears ( 3 ) - Pop Shot when I can wallbounce, hip fire almost every other time. Since it connects so well, I didn't feel the need to hard aim at all.
First Blood

User Info: AhrimanTheStill

AhrimanTheStill
6 years ago#20
I normally quickly pop shot then hip fire then hard aim. Hard aim never with shotguns though pop shotting is far easier and smarter hard aim is really more of a rifles thing for pressure.
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
  1. Boards
  2. Gears of War 3
  3. hip-fire, pop-shot, hard-aim

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived