Mirrored Models (For Left Handed players)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Mirrored Models (For Left Handed players)

User Info: TerrorriskX

TerrorriskX
7 years ago#1

While this doesn't apply to me as I am right handed, I knew people that wanted to play the first but was plenty confused due to Mr. Ford like most if not all shooters being right handed. Therefore I say they lost 5 sales from my word of mouth and previewing my own copy once it had released. Being a motion controlled game I figured this would had been in the first but I guess not.

Anyway's yeah, get the left handed players to play the game by implementing Left Handed Models in the options menu.

User Info: psychobrew

psychobrew
7 years ago#2
That's a good idea. This was a huge issue for many with Red Steel 2, and is something that should be fairly easy to implement.

User Info: UltimateFlame13

UltimateFlame13
7 years ago#3
Sounds like a good idea
Everything I've learned about life can be summed up into three words: It goes on -Robert Frost
Playing: Golden Sun TLA, Borderlands, MW2, Civ IV

User Info: Valdimir_Drega

Valdimir_Drega
7 years ago#4
I'm a south paw, but I've learned to compensate for right-handed gaming. It would be nice to use my good hand every once in a while though. Do it HVS!
Check out High Voltage Software's new project, "The Grinder." Coming Haloween 2011 to Wii, 360, PS3, and PC

User Info: ammartin08

ammartin08
7 years ago#5
I'm a lefty as well, but the Wii was the first controller that was left-hand-friendly, so all of us were plenty used to the layout. I actually tried switching to left-handed gameplay a couple times and just couldn't manage it. But I know at least three other people who are lefties and would definitely use that feature.
PSN - scrumtrelescent7
"get lost you nub" -Richitu

User Info: TerrorriskX

TerrorriskX
7 years ago#6
If I can still get in touch with HVS I'll ask them directly, this is one feature I truly believe will be used, heck I'd try it once for campaign mode.

psychobrew
7 years ago#7
Just a bump in hopes that a certain employee sees this so he can pass it on.

User Info: HVSTony

HVSTony
7 years ago#8
I remember I tired this in the first one but was unsuccessful because the math in the aiming system went a wonky. (Its a LOT more then just flipping the art guys)

Ill bring it up and have a small discussion about it but no promises. We have limited resources and if it proves to take more then just a little time, im sure you guys would rather see better GFX and gameplay.

psychobrew
7 years ago#9

HVSTony posted...
I remember I tired this in the first one but was unsuccessful because the math in the aiming system went a wonky. (Its a LOT more then just flipping the art guys)

Ill bring it up and have a small discussion about it but no promises. We have limited resources and if it proves to take more then just a little time, im sure you guys would rather see better GFX and gameplay.

Definitely, and since I am right handed I would much rather have better GFX and gameplay than left handed models. P.S. Had you trained me on the engine, I might have known it was more than simply mirroring the model.....

User Info: raysnds1

raysnds1
7 years ago#10
as a true south paw of my 34 years of life......(staying away from power tools unless absolutely necessary)

most FPS are fine.......I think Conduit 2 will be ok...(although I wonder about Grinder w/ the Melee Weapons)....the best part of the Wii is what ever hand i'm holding the controller in...as long as the reticule is there....at least i know where i'm aiming...

but if anything....i apreciate a "right-y" was actually concerned......maybe there is hope our (2) races can still get along...(j/k hehe)
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Mirrored Models (For Left Handed players)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived