Crazy lock on idea... probably too crazy.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Crazy lock on idea... probably too crazy.

User Info: CHAINMAILLEKID

CHAINMAILLEKID
7 years ago#21
"Accepting other peoples' words as fact != learning."

But disregarding other peoples claims, and listening only to yourself is even worse.
If you're only ever talking to yourself, you can never be wrong.

AND, learning from other people is in fact one of the fastest most efficient, and Safest ways of going about doing it.

"So you can afford to spend money to use other people's findings, but not do your own research and experimentation?"
Well, when you consider the fact that they have resources that I do not, tools that I do not, and tolerances in their measurements that I cannot possibly hope to achieve with what I had available to me... That it would be foolish to put the results of my test over theirs. Why would I do my own tests, when I have others available to me, at a much lower cost ( of both time, and money ). with no reason to doubt the validity of their claims.

"Especially on such a simple subject to test?"
You seem to be underestimating my subject, and my application of it.

"Yup, your schooling system is a grand failure."
How exactly does yours differ?

CHAINMAILLEKID
7 years ago#22
Also, let me remind you...

The burden of proof is on you at this point.

I offered my proof, but you have to back your claims that my sources are invalid, or that my schooling system is a 'grand failure' in order to invalidate it.
Which is something I REALLY don't see you being able to do :p

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#23
But disregarding other peoples claims, and listening only to yourself is even worse.
If you're only ever talking to yourself, you can never be wrong.

AND, learning from other people is in fact one of the fastest most efficient, and Safest ways of going about doing it.

Learning from other people != accepting their words as fact. That is, in fact, religion. Blind faith.

Well, when you consider the fact that they have resources that I do not, tools that I do not, and tolerances in their measurements that I cannot possibly hope to achieve with what I had available to me... That it would be foolish to put the results of my test over theirs. Why would I do my own tests, when I have others available to me, at a much lower cost ( of both time, and money ). with no reason to doubt the validity of their claims.

Why should I not sacrifice myself in a fanatical explosion when I have no reason to doubt that I will be rewarded with a million virgins in the afterlife?

You seem to be underestimating my subject, and my application of it.

No, not really. You could go to a hospital to test most of this for cheap/free.

How exactly does yours differ?

Teaching people to discover things for themselves > enforcing modern mini-religions and cults, calling them "facts".

Also, let me remind you...

The burden of proof is on you at this point.

I offered my proof, but you have to back your claims that my sources are invalid, or that my schooling system is a 'grand failure' in order to invalidate it.
Which is something I REALLY don't see you being able to do :p

You offered 0 proof. Only people's words as evidence. I, on the other hand, have found your "facts" to be false, as proven by reality contradicting them.

Now, with that said, you're a robot. Prove me wrong.
See why this doesn't work?
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

User Info: ddd87

ddd87
7 years ago#24
On the other side, only on THIS board there are one or two users who complain and complain, where in the rest of the internet NOBODY cares about lock on.
Now I really hope HVS will not do something because a really few users troll every topic

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#25
"one or two"? That's a bit of an understatement. Not to mention that there are a lot of people who ditched this whole series because it was in the first, and will probably ignore the sequel if it includes it.
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

ddd87
7 years ago#26
I have yet to find someone outside this boards to think that way.

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#27
I have yet to find someone outside this board who doesn't.

ddd87
7 years ago#28
Too bad its not true, I still can't find anyone outside this board that complains about lock on.
I have seen complains about radar, but no lock on.

CHAINMAILLEKID
7 years ago#29
"Now, with that said, you're a robot. Prove me wrong.
See why this doesn't work?"

'there are a lot of people who ditched this whole series because it was in the first, and will probably ignore the sequel if it includes it.'
Same reason this doesn't work. Burden of proof.

I did offer my proof these 'other peoples words' were credible sources. to counter you made the claim that my sources were wrong, at which point the burden of proof was yours, and the proof you offered was nothing more than anecdotal evidence, The sample size of your 'experiment' was exactly one person, experimenter, AND subject bias were present.
You can't prove yourself right by asking yourself questions, which is what you have tried to do.
That is a system that is completely self fulfilling.

"Why should I not sacrifice myself in a fanatical explosion when I have no reason to doubt that I will be rewarded with a million virgins in the afterlife?"

That is such... Strawman? no its not even related to my argument. Its completely Non Sequitur. And a Red Herring as well.
Here is why my example works.
"As a general rule, the less coherent and less embedded within conventional knowledge a claim appears, the heavier the burden of proof lies on the person asserting the claim. The scientific consensus on cold fusion is a good example. The majority of physicists believe cold fusion is not possible, since it would force the alteration or abandonment of a great many other tested and generally accepted theories about nuclear physics."
Basically, I can't just assume these studies are wrong without any sort reason to think otherwise, because I have the burden of proof.

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#30
And now you're contradicting yourself?

I'm beginning to think you don't know what you're saying anymore.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Crazy lock on idea... probably too crazy.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived