The Conduit is derivative.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. The Conduit is derivative.

User Info: tconslayer

tconslayer
7 years ago#21

Ya from the very beginin of gamin games ripped eachother off

User Info: PedroMontana

PedroMontana
7 years ago#22
Well, lets have a look at the story, just for fun:

- The game is named after a portal that can be used to tavel to space, just like in Stargate.
- Behind the Stargate/Conduit is a hostile alien race with superior technology, like in Stargate.
- There is a secret conspiracy group called the Trust that wants to take advantage of alien technology. Such a group also was in, you guessed it, Stargate. The funny thing is, it was also called "the Trust" in Stargate SG1.
- All the sci-fi stuff in Conduit gets mixed with elements and symbols from myth and history, just like in Stargate, but with less focus on ancient gods and more Free Masons.
- And after they were done with the first game they needed an interesting new setting. So how about Atlantis? I mean if it was good enough for a new Stargate series, it sure is good for Conduit 2.

Can`t wait for Conduit 3: Universe, where agent Ford will be stuck in a giant spaceship far away from earth.
No More Heroes

User Info: coolman229

coolman229
7 years ago#23
Wow. I never noticed that. And I've watched every season of Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. I guess that the Freemason focus could be from National Treasure.
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#24
Haha wow. I was never much into Stargate, actually, but I guess that explains a lot @ @
Good stuff.

And WTF @ people still thinking this is some serious complaint topic or something. It's just a topic to have fun figuring out where The Conduit got it's ideas.
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

User Info: coolman229

coolman229
7 years ago#25
It seemed negative when I first read it. I think that Human voice:anything that uses humans
We're glad we won you over to the fight for the earth.
Currently playing: Cave Story, Majora's Mask (VC), Brawl (still), Mega Man 9, Okami

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
7 years ago#26
Well, if you listen closely, there's a filter on the human enemy voices... It's the same one on the enemies in FEAR 2.
2% of GameFAQs users have this in their signature. If you're one of the 98% that doesn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. The Conduit is derivative.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived