Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

User Info: SmallerRidley

SmallerRidley
6 years ago#31
Actually, I forgot the ammo count in the OP. From the weapons trailer it's 2/6, but it might have more reserve shots than that.
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.

User Info: Korby9000

Korby9000
6 years ago#32
Not to revive a semi-dead thread, but, since it will actually be something you can get regularly, the Shrieker will probably be a godly counter to the Phase Rifle if people learn to use it. Even without that, all you really need is someone who has a highly mobile class and some close-quarters weaponry. TCon had very few places with only one way in, and it seems like there are even less of them in Con2. So defending a sniper who can only kill someone about every 10 seconds at least would take a lot of teammates, and thus would not be a viable strategy overall.

Does Con2 have a killcam, I forget. If it does, Phase Rifles are even more screwed, as you know right where they are the moment they kill one person.

Without ammo caches, camping with low-ammo-capacity weapons is going to be much less viable overall, so this should do quite well in counterbalancing the sheer power of the Phase Rifle.
TCon Name: Korby 0045-0574-9949

User Info: SmallerRidley

SmallerRidley
6 years ago#33
These aren't dead until they archive.

The Shrieker will be a good anti-camping weapon overall, simply because there can be more of them now and camping will be a little more prevalent. Being able to put 4 shots with splash damage on a long-range target quickly is pretty useful. No killcam, btw.
Surely there's no problem with them putting me in Brawl, right?
It's ****ing satire, damnit. My quote rocks your socks.

User Info: ddd87

ddd87
6 years ago#34
Surprise! while scoping, you can pierce through the Aegis Device's shield

http://conduit-portal.blogspot.com/2011/01/weapon-versus-phase-rifle-vs-aegis.html?m=1

User Info: RyokoWins

RyokoWins
6 years ago#35
^Well that's no good. :/
I apologize for whatever I just said.

User Info: Kirby_Pwns_All

Kirby_Pwns_All
6 years ago#36
Hopefully you have to charge it up to pierce the shield. That would make sense, since it's kind of a wall. I'm pretty stoked for this weapon though.

User Info: xXDa-KidXx

xXDa-KidXx
6 years ago#37
Also, its been said that the Phase Rifle is tricky, and can only penetrate one layer, and that it has a limited range that it can go to lock-on you.

http://the-conduit.ning.com/profiles/blogs/conduit-2-hands-on-by-jonathan
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Weapon of the Day: Day 17 - Phase Rifle

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived