My initial experience with the game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. My initial experience with the game.

User Info: nicalobe

nicalobe
6 years ago#1
Got the game, was excited to play online, all of the modes sounded like a lot of fun. I got on, customized my controls and got into a game. My first grief was that players who have accumulated more credits than a new player have a HUGE advantage because they can buy better weapons and perks, where a newcomer has nothing. I wasn't too upset about this, it isn't too unlike CoD where you get different weapons the higher you are. I went to the shop to check on what I could buy and realized that a lot of the different characters and customizations were unlocked only after I played the campaign.

I went to single player and started the first level. About halfway through I paused the game to check on some of the lore I've found. When I unpaused, I ended up falling through the floor... When I respawned, I was stuck under the level with no way to restart, the pause menu wasn't even working. I have to give the designers props, it had been a while before I've seen a game-breaking glitch in the first 10 minutes of a game.

I reset the game and went back into campaign, careful to never open the menu again. I continued to the 3rd level and got into a massive fire fight when..... The game froze. Needless to say I've stopped playing the campaign.

I went back to multiplayer and got a few good games in. I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer at the moment, it seems like the game can't handle more than 6 or 7 players without performance dropping significantly.

About my 4th or 5th game in, the match ended and I awaited the end game stats. And I waited. And I waited. Turns out the end game stats never triggered, and I was doomed to a life of moving my camera around in a circle, watching absolutly nothing happen.

Long story short, I am not impressed with this game at all. In about 4 hours of gameplay I've already had to reset the game three times.

I'll be sticking to Black Ops.

User Info: psychobrew

psychobrew
6 years ago#2
Black Ops had all kinds of issues when it first came out. I had to shelve that game for the first month or so until they patched it and to this day I still can't play Black Ops on a wired connection (which really pisses me off). Just saying give it some time.

User Info: Invasionleader

Invasionleader
6 years ago#3
And I never experienced any of those problems you mentioned. So weird.

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
6 years ago#4
nicalobe posted...
Got the game, was excited to play online, all of the modes sounded like a lot of fun. I got on, customized my controls and got into a game. My first grief was that players who have accumulated more credits than a new player have a HUGE advantage because they can buy better weapons and perks, where a newcomer has nothing. I wasn't too upset about this, it isn't too unlike CoD where you get different weapons the higher you are. I went to the shop to check on what I could buy and realized that a lot of the different characters and customizations were unlocked only after I played the campaign.

I went to single player and started the first level. About halfway through I paused the game to check on some of the lore I've found. When I unpaused, I ended up falling through the floor... When I respawned, I was stuck under the level with no way to restart, the pause menu wasn't even working. I have to give the designers props, it had been a while before I've seen a game-breaking glitch in the first 10 minutes of a game.

I reset the game and went back into campaign, careful to never open the menu again. I continued to the 3rd level and got into a massive fire fight when..... The game froze. Needless to say I've stopped playing the campaign.

I went back to multiplayer and got a few good games in. I'm not a huge fan of the multiplayer at the moment, it seems like the game can't handle more than 6 or 7 players without performance dropping significantly.

About my 4th or 5th game in, the match ended and I awaited the end game stats. And I waited. And I waited. Turns out the end game stats never triggered, and I was doomed to a life of moving my camera around in a circle, watching absolutly nothing happen.

Long story short, I am not impressed with this game at all. In about 4 hours of gameplay I've already had to reset the game three times.

I'll be sticking to Black Ops.

That happened to me too!!!! Ahhhh!!! Pissed me off! I might play a bit more GoldenEye till this crap get a patching.
CONDUIT 2 - 1377-7587-6478
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK

User Info: SupahShnipa

SupahShnipa
6 years ago#5
I've had every problem you've experienced, I've reset at least once every 2 hours.

It's still more fun than Crap/Lag/Bull Ops.
www.youtube.com/Pur3Aw3Gaming

User Info: maksys

maksys
6 years ago#6
Make me wonder if HVS let al of those glitches and freeze in order to try the patch system ^^

User Info: Numbuh100

Numbuh100
6 years ago#7
maksys posted...
Make me wonder if HVS let al of those glitches and freeze in order to try the patch system ^^

That would be the most stupidest thing ever! They will lose money if they want to try that!
CONDUIT 2 - 1377-7587-6478
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: MMK

User Info: Elniguel

Elniguel
6 years ago#8
It's weird hearing all these complaints. I don't doubt them but honestly in the many hours I've already played I haven't experienced any problems at all lol.

User Info: KingGamerIII

KingGamerIII
6 years ago#9
Go a head stick with black ops.

This game's SP is a lot more fun than Black ops, and looks much better visually.

that's my 2 cents.
"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully?"
MPH Code: 2405 8574 9430
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. My initial experience with the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived