Kick starter

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Kick starter

User Info: old_man_mossy

old_man_mossy
4 years ago#11
Gaming is not charity.

That said, I better get a free copy, cause I'd gladly donate...or if my wildest dreams see market, buy it out from under them and develop it as a Full-Clip title to be either self published as a direct to download...or God willing, a self published deal with real freakin discs...yeah I'm old school and dumb like that. :)

Likely not to happen...but I am saving money from my share of the litho business....we are a service economy and with the Fed getting into it to arse everything up with high quotas and crap payout...I see it as a sign to diversify, lol.

Again I know it's a pipe dream...but it's also motivation.
A big part of me tries very hard to behave. A small part of me laughs at the effort and behaves like an ass, anyway.

User Info: Mindesyn

Mindesyn
4 years ago#12
From: old_man_mossy | #011

Pretty sure only 5% of the board understood all that, The other 95% will claim they do, but just be googling half of the terms. Either way doubt any donations would merit a free copy. You just get the satisfaction of your game being made or your fave dev pocketing your money haha. I donated to Oprainfall to localize Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and I got 2/3, and man was it worth it.
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Mindesyn
At first I was like, I could beat him, then he took the hat off and s*** got real!

User Info: LigersRule

LigersRule
4 years ago#13
Mindesyn posted...
From: old_man_mossy | #011

Pretty sure only 5% of the board understood all that, The other 95% will claim they do, but just be googling half of the terms. Either way doubt any donations would merit a free copy. You just get the satisfaction of your game being made or your fave dev pocketing your money haha. I donated to Oprainfall to localize Xenoblade, Last Story, and Pandora's Tower, and I got 2/3, and man was it worth it.


Actually, kickstarter usually DOES give exclusive benefits, depending on the amount you donate. If you donate upwards of $100, they better give you a free copy, or the kickstarter will never succeed. Some people give away exclusive skins, or timed exclusive weapons, or stuff like that. A free copy should be required.
http://www.youtube.com/user/LigsGames
New Gaming Video's Daily. --- Subscribers:20 Views: 758
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Kick starter

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived