You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
I would love to help you. I'm running out of time, though. I'll summarize it.
Players that are good at the game are familiar with several games and are familiar with many things. Here are the major things you need.
1. PLAY THE CAMPAIGN or INVASION. This will start you off easy and can train you. I don't care if you don't understand the campaign, but play it. You can also play Invasion, but start at the lowest level.
2. PRACTICE Enough said.
3. USE A BASIC WEAPON This will prepare you for more advanced weapons like the Carbonizer. The basic weapons are the shotgun, SCAR, USP45, and MP5.
4. GET FAMILIAR WITH THE CONTROLS Learn the controls, customize the controls, practice your controls, and learn to coordinate your controls. Coordinating meaning running and shooting at the same time for example.
5. RELAX It is proven that relaxing your mind and taking rests (20 minutes) after a long period of gaming will make you play better when you get back on.
6. WATCH VIDEOS OF GOOD PLAYERS It's kind of like a demonstration of what a good player is. Look at Samu5 (SoldierwithAMpkU5) and Mike's (WatchmeplayNintendo) YouTube videos. They are in great quality and are recorded from capture cards.
7. PRACTICE I cannot stress this enough. I have been playing the game for over a year and I am rather a good player.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xXAISPXx?feature=mhee Currently Playing: Conduit 2, [Wii]Goldeneye007, SSBB, The Conduit, Mario Kart Wii