Tbh, looking at Metroid Federation Force reminds me of this game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Tbh, looking at Metroid Federation Force reminds me of this game.

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
1 year ago#1
It's probably the art style, since Conduit 2 was the first thing that came to my mind when seeing one of the Ice levels being played through. Even though Conduit 2 may not have been perfect, I do very much appreciate the support High Voltage Software(pre-firing) gave to the game through various communities(one of which being this very board). I mean, seeing a wii game actually being able to be patched was something magical back in the days of this board-let alone how one representative actually seemed to have been working on a community supported weapon called the Tacoshotter(alas it was too much) before Conduit 2's release. Like many an MMO and more, this series brought many users together for an age-that while short lived, provided each veteran here something to remember. Wherever they are, whatever they may now be, it certainly has been a pleasure being apart of the Conduit.

On an unrelated note:
Being able to see one of my posts within the first 20 posts of the sticky is weird.

User Info: Rybuger2

Rybuger2
1 year ago#2
Did you pick up Federation Force? Is it... Good?

The one part of Federation Force that reminds me of C2 is the Space Pirate station. It looks a lot like Tiamat from C2's ending.

MP:FF- https://youtu.be/R5INxySBmDo?t=16m50s
C2- https://youtu.be/jRnwcKH3XpA?t=9m54s
Lag be a lady tonight!

User Info: Changlini

Changlini
1 year ago#3
Rybuger2 posted...
Did you pick up Federation Force

Downloaded it, didn't want to walk to Gamestop.

Rybuger2 posted...
Is it... Good?

In terms of experience, think of Lost Planet 2's co-op campaign(and matchmaking). Basically, Federatiom Force gets the job done in providing some a first person cooporative experience on the 3DS. Granted, Federation Force is one of the few available FPS games on the 3DS(the only 3DS FPS to come out this year).

One thing that works for Federation Force's campaign, is that it goes off of a slightly inspires Call of Duty pacing with the veriety of things that take the spotlight in each mission. From simply being a literal unit within a Tower defence in one mission, to infiltrating a base in order for your team to steal an armored vehicle, there's certainly a decent chunk of veriety. With that typed, the game suffers a bit for slowmovement, which can be explained through playing as Merines using larg hulking mechs(I.E Marauder Suits from Starship troopers).

Another thing pertains to Federation Force's mods(in game perks). You can either get them through playing single player, or through multiplayer games. For Multiplayer the game sets up mod destribution as each player(at the end of the game) takes one turn to pick which mods, found in the match, that they'd like to keep--order being dependent on how much points rach player has.

Keep in mind that the default controls allow for Gyro movement to be used with reticle aiming, though that can be changed.

If you have friends, or are looking for a polished 3DS multiplayer game with Co-Op campaign, Starship Troopers-er, Metroid Prime: Federation Force is a Good game.

User Info: Rybuger2

Rybuger2
1 year ago#4
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear that Federation Force is good. I was disappointed when I heard that it had little in common with the original Metroid Prime trilogy. I'm glad that it works as its own thing.
Lag be a lady tonight!

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
1 year ago#5
Rybuger2 posted...
Thanks for the review! I'm glad to hear that Federation Force is good. I was disappointed when I heard that it had little in common with the original Metroid Prime trilogy. I'm glad that it works as its own thing.

If only they didn't call it Metroid but made its own thing, would of been way better received.
GT: OSK C Mo
People hate Call of Duty for the same reason they hate no skill stuff because its one and the same.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Tbh, looking at Metroid Federation Force reminds me of this game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived