Unity in the Community

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Unity in the Community

User Info: Rybuger2

Rybuger2
1 year ago#1
Both of HVS's latest games (Damaged Core and Dragon Front) use Unreal Engine 4 in lieu of a custom engine. Would you rather see a hypothetical Conduit 3 use UE4 or return to HVS's Quantum engine?

Even with the Unreal Engine, Damaged Core looks pretty similar to a Conduit game. I'm sure that a Conduit installment on UE4 would look and feel in line with the rest of the series. (For better or worse.)
Lag be a lady tonight!

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
1 year ago#2
Sure, why not. Makes it more likely that people might go like "Hey, that's a good engine, might be a good game!"

At least maybe that is how it could work.
GT: OSK C Mo
People hate Call of Duty for the same reason they hate no skill stuff because its one and the same.

User Info: Rybuger2

Rybuger2
1 year ago#3
I feel like it might have the opposite effect. A good chunk of AAA releases run on Unreal Engine 4. The fact that Conduit had its own engine differentiated it from the competition.

(Also, the thread title should say something about Unreal, not Unity. This thread has its title because I thought Damaged Core & Dragon Front both ran on Unity until I looked it up. The fact that I assumed those games ran on Unity shows how little HVS is doing with Unreal.)
Lag be a lady tonight!
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Unity in the Community

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived