Stroop effect

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Stroop effect

User Info: JVC-space

JVC-space
1 year ago#1
I was just thinking since a year about one of the most mysterious problem in the game. Why can't we get a headshot easily with the Phase rifle considering how easy it is to kill an exact same foe shooting on the body ? Observing veterans snipers (like me), can help to explain the phenomen. As you may know, aiming is mostly the result of intuition for veterans players. This is not the case for novices, cause they are still learning how to aim. There choices are decisive because they will be active probably FOREVER. If they take the habit of aiming on the head, I guess, when executing an opponent, the first message/intuition they will have in the future when they become veterans is to aim on the head. For the other, this will obviously not be the first intuition, the idea of executing a foe with the PR will inevitably be associed to shooting in an other part of the body. For myself and for many others I think, this is always the nearest part of the body from the actual position of the cursor. Then when I wanna get a headshot, a message interfere in my mind, as it is somehow a reflex, this is really difficult to chase it, and this slows done my reaction time.
This could explain why most of us can't get a headshot on a mooving target (if the target is staying still reaction time is decreased) with the PR.
Stroop effect: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroop_effect
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Stroop effect

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived