Conduit 2 On The PC (And my thoughts on the controls for KB&M)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Conduit 2 On The PC (And my thoughts on the controls for KB&M)

User Info: CmoIsDaNam3

CmoIsDaNam3
11 months ago#1
So I recently got a new laptop and I've been playing PC games now, been playing 3 games in particular which has been Transformers WFC, (With Rybuger too! Escalation is a ton of fun even with a lack of DLC like on the consoles) Smite, and best of all Dirty Bomb.

However with getting a new gaming laptop my interest peaked about playing Conduit 2 on the PC with keyboard and mouse, and I have to say its not as good as I would hope it to be sadly, although it might be workable.

The problem arises with the Wiimote and Nunchuck, and even more so with the CCP support.

You would think that CCP support would be very easy to get right, but for some reason or another the vertical aiming is totally wack, like it barely moves up at all except when I move my mouse way up or down, like it doesn't want to recognize that I'm aiming up except when I go waaaay up with the mouse.

And the Wiimote and Nunchuck's problem is that there is even a deadzone to begin with, that is the one thing holding me back from playing C2 once again except with PC controls is that there is a deadzone at all.

Now, I think I may be able to solve these issues, mostly with the CCP but maybe also with the W&NC (Wiimote & Nunchuck)

Now with the CCP I think all I may need to do is dramatically increase the vertical mouse DPI so that it is super ridiculously fast so that it compensates for the very low sensitivity. (Keep in mind moving my mouse up about an inch didn't even move the crosshairs up by 10%, yes, it was that low)

The horizontal aiming was ok, still not perfect and may need some more changing, but it was way better than the vertical aiming.

With the Wiimote and Nunchuck however I'm less sure about how to fix that, which is unfortunate because the aiming is a lot more smooth and responsive than the CCP ever was, its just that with like I said the existence of a deadzone really messes up the aiming for me because one thing I noticed with a game like Dirty Bomb that had really good PC controls vs Wiimote play with C2 or really any sort of PC game is that the crosshairs with PC stay in the center no matter where you aim, and that Wiimote play doesn't do that and requires a deadzone just to work, but other than that they are essentially the same controls so really if I can figure out how to change that deadzone stuff to pretty much be zero then I may have a winner here.

But overall I'm more excited to use the Keyboard & Mouse with the CCP in game, its the one that is the closest to the PC controls.

Overall though I am very excited to play C2 on my PC and for anyone that has the time and has a capable PC I would recommending doing it.

I have not tried out online play because I need to do some stuff first with my Wii with the NAND and such before I can jump into that again, but hopefully it will come soon.

Thanks for reading.

~Cmo
GT: OSK C Mo
People hate Call of Duty for the same reason they hate no skill stuff because its one and the same.

User Info: Rybuger2

Rybuger2
11 months ago#2
I'm curious to find out what you come up with. What frame rate do you typically get in C2 in Dolphin?
Lag be a lady tonight!

User Info: _Signal

_Signal
11 months ago#3
I just want to make sure that I understand something.

Are you saying that C2 on PC does not have any deadzone?

Or are you saying that the existence of a deadzone on the PC version is messing things up?

Sorry, I'm sure this is obvious, but I've never looked at C2 on PC.
I still miss the "topic list" button.

CmoIsDaNam3
11 months ago#4
_Signal posted...
I just want to make sure that I understand something.

Are you saying that C2 on PC does not have any deadzone?

Or are you saying that the existence of a deadzone on the PC version is messing things up?

Sorry, I'm sure this is obvious, but I've never looked at C2 on PC.

The latter, I don't think I can make it work for PC sadly, its just too janky.
People hate Call of Duty for the same reason they hate no skill stuff because its one and the same.

CmoIsDaNam3
11 months ago#5
Rybuger2 posted...
I'm curious to find out what you come up with. What frame rate do you typically get in C2 in Dolphin?

I don't think it can work sadly, not unless i can really mess with the sensitivity for CCP.

Also I get around 80 or higher. Pretty good FPS to be honest.

Rybuger2
11 months ago#6
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
I don't think it can work sadly, not unless i can really mess with the sensitivity for CCP.

Does the game run any faster than normal, or does it play okay at high frame rates?
Lag be a lady tonight!

CmoIsDaNam3
11 months ago#7
Rybuger2 posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Does the game run any faster than normal, or does it play okay at high frame rates?

Its weird, some slowdowns and glitches, but since it plays at a considerable higher frame rate it def plays better overall.

Rybuger2
11 months ago#8
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...
Rybuger2 posted...
CmoIsDaNam3 posted...

Its weird, some slowdowns and glitches, but since it plays at a considerable higher frame rate it def plays better overall.

Ok, neat!
Lag be a lady tonight!

CmoIsDaNam3
11 months ago#9
Update:

I think I figured out more of the problem with the CCP and mouse and keyboard, the point at which you start to aim vertically in the game is so high, its at the top of the screen.

To explain further for what I mean, if you are able to, go into Dolphin and aim the mouse upwards on the CCP, you'll notice that the point at which you start to aim upwards is very much at the very top of the screen, causing major problems with aiming as I have stated before.

The only true way to fix the aiming on the CCP is too make it so that the point at which you start to aim is actually the moment you move the mouse at all, that is the key difference between the CCP and the mouse & keyboard for other games, and this may not be something that is fixable, unless I went into the code for the CCP and changed it from there, but that is highly unlikely.

As for Wiimote and Nunchuck, if I can make the crosshairs stay in the center and make it stay on an axis, that would fix all the problems I have with the control method, however, I have yet to find something on that as of this moment.

Also, I decided to download GoldenEye for Wii to test that game and see if its just that C2 is borked or its the emulated controls that are borked, I'll keep you all posted on that later.
  1. Boards
  2. Conduit 2
  3. Conduit 2 On The PC (And my thoughts on the controls for KB&M)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived