Regarding Scybots / 300% Aptitude, all skills & evilities pirates

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
  3. Regarding Scybots / 300% Aptitude, all skills & evilities pirates

User Info: Lednard

Lednard
3 months ago#11
Well, no prob. What sounded rude was assuming that I'm just a total wanker who got the PPS and is trying to get super equipements without moving a finger.

Well, for the Issen, in fact, I've met ... At least 30 pirates with it, but they were either friendly pirates (and you can't rob them ... That or I'm incredibly unlucky) or they didn't gave me anything (or my Invincible armors). Also, thanks for the Priere Trick, never heard of it before.

Well, I prefer the "Run the 10 first floors option", but even with this ... it's still a big pain in the ass. I already got the Kinder Gardener twice, one Berry Picker, one Secret Trainer, 2 Glutton, one Punisher, a Mana Robber (not sure about this one), an All Diger, a Trash Talker (or a Sensationalist, not sure), 2 Rubber, a Wuss, 2 Motivator, a Hand Shaker (but it's on a Trap ...) and at least 3 Partier.
But no Sweet Tempter, Hand Shaker won't come back (I had it on my first try on the Trap tho ...), and more importantly no Mode Changer ! (I'd like a Cat Burglar too)

User Info: ScarletSuzumiya

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#12
Lednard posted...
Well, no prob. What sounded rude was assuming that I'm just a total wanker who got the PPS and is trying to get super equipements without moving a finger.

Um, I sincerely apologize if you felt that way, as I didn't intend it... I was thinking the opposite, actually, because if your characters are strong enough to kill super-equipped pirates, you must have put a lot of work into them already. So I assumed you probably already have a lot of time and experience with the game. I didn't mean to imply you just wanted low-effort, easy equipment, or something like that. I'm sorry if the meaning of my post was mistaken.

I wasn't sure at first whether you wanted new items that you didn't already have, or just to get more items in general, so that's why I asked. In the meantime, I offered a suggestion about the duping trick just in case what you wanted was more items in general, to power up your other characters. I didn't know you already knew about duping from your own neutral units, but I thought it would be wrong to assume you knew. Because it is very useful advice, and it would be a shame if I skipped over it and you by chance didn't already know. In either case, it is good that you know it is an option.

Anyways, I'm sorry if my intentions were mistaken before. I do hope that clears anything up and that there are no hard feelings. Nothing I said was meant to upset or belittle you in any way.

Lednard posted...
Well, for the Issen, in fact, I've met ... At least 30 pirates with it, but they were either friendly pirates (and you can't rob them ... That or I'm incredibly unlucky) or they didn't gave me anything (or my Invincible armors). Also, thanks for the Priere Trick, never heard of it before.

Yeah, that is the bad part about it unfortunately. Wish I had a suggestion to make stealing one less annoying, but I don't think there's much you can do about that. Personally, my patience ran out after getting 3 of the weapons from pirates and I just got the rest with the Priere trick.

A fair number of people have the Issen, but you never know who you'll run into. The worst part is like you mentioned, you'll most likely end up stealing their armor instead since there is 3 of those and only 1 weapon. You just have to keep at it, I guess.

One thing I can say, I don't have any proof to back it up so you should take it with a grain of salt, but it seems like sometimes you'll just be in a "bad" RNG cycle, and hardly ever steal anything. Like I said I can't prove it, but I've gone 10+ map resets without duping an Invincible Armor off of my 8 Bio-Suits before. Something about that feels really wrong, so if I'm ever having a long stroke of bad luck, I shut off the game and restart my Vita, and it just "feels" like I'm having better luck afterwards. I don't know how the RNG in this game works, so maybe it actually doesn't help at all, but it seems like restarting the game occasionally if things don't seem to be working out might work, if you want to try that out some time.

Lednard posted...
Well, I prefer the "Run the 10 first floors option", but even with this ... it's still a big pain in the ass.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I don't mind the other grindy aspects of the Disgaea games, but I could never deal with Mystery Innocents myself. I always gave up on it before getting any of the innocents I wanted. That's a lot of them there, are those ones you kept, or just ones that you've seen? Either way, sticking through all that is commendable. Good luck getting the rest of the ones you want, I hope it goes well.

User Info: Lednard

Lednard
3 months ago#13
ScarletSuzumiya posted...
A fair number of people have the Issen, but you never know who you'll run into. The worst part is like you mentioned, you'll most likely end up stealing their armor instead since there is 3 of those and only 1 weapon. You just have to keep at it, I guess.

Yeah, about that, I remember the Warrior (the shirtless guy that you have from the very beginning) having an attack to break weapons (maybe armor too ?), do you know if this work on pirates ?

One thing I can say, I don't have any proof to back it up so you should take it with a grain of salt, but it seems like sometimes you'll just be in a "bad" RNG cycle, and hardly ever steal anything. Like I said I can't prove it, but I've gone 10+ map resets without duping an Invincible Armor off of my 8 Bio-Suits before. Something about that feels really wrong, so if I'm ever having a long stroke of bad luck, I shut off the game and restart my Vita, and it just "feels" like I'm having better luck afterwards. I don't know how the RNG in this game works, so maybe it actually doesn't help at all, but it seems like restarting the game occasionally if things don't seem to be working out might work, if you want to try that out some time.

Yeah, I had the same feeling when I tried to clone my Invincible armors. Took me around ten times to make another one. But once, I kept doing Trap over and over again to a point where I managed to clone 5 of them at the same time.

Oh yeah, no doubt. I don't mind the other grindy aspects of the Disgaea games, but I could never deal with Mystery Innocents myself. I always gave up on it before getting any of the innocents I wanted. That's a lot of them there, are those ones you kept, or just ones that you've seen? Either way, sticking through all that is commendable. Good luck getting the rest of the ones you want, I hope it goes well.

Well, I consider it as the most important part of the Weapon grinding personnally, but I don't know where I find the patience to search for them (And I'm not even doing the weapon for now ... 'Cause I'll have to get the same innocent on 8 weapons ...).
Also, I just kept one Kinder Gardener (and I maxed it out), a Wuss and a Motivator (whom I met on the very first floor, so my gear is still level 0). Oh, I also kept the Handshaker in my Trap. But I think I'll start keeping all of them and maybe try to find another Kinder Gardener 'cause I think I can put better bills on it. Not sure if I'll keep a Partier tho, 'cause I hate him.

ScarletSuzumiya
3 months ago#14
Lednard posted...
Yeah, about that, I remember the Warrior (the shirtless guy that you have from the very beginning) having an attack to break weapons (maybe armor too ?), do you know if this work on pirates ?

I don't know for sure, but I believe it works on everything except special bosses (so that you can't destroy Baal's equipment, probably) so that might be a great plan. It's worth a shot at the least. If you wanna go the extra mile with it, you could give a low level Warrior an item with Hand Shaker so that he never misses, and won't kill the enemy before you're done destroying their armor.

The best part is that the skill specifically mentions destroying items in the "Etc" slot, so it shouldn't harm the weapons.

Lednard posted...
Yeah, I had the same feeling when I tried to clone my Invincible armors. Took me around ten times to make another one. But once, I kept doing Trap over and over again to a point where I managed to clone 5 of them at the same time.

Good to hear I'm not the only one. Maybe it's a real thing, then? I suppose it couldn't hurt to try it out, anyways.

User Info: DukeZero

DukeZero
3 months ago#15
Lednard posted...
Quick question here, since the D4: Revisited forum is dead, is there anyone on PSVita who still give the Scybots pirates away ? I've seen one guy and send him a friend invitation, but no response.

I'd like to second this. I posted a new topic over there, but considering how dead that forum is, I might have more luck here.
Knid of lkie ew **** up teh engilsh lagnuage?- Lourde Incarnadine

User Info: Skailess

Skailess
3 months ago#16
I've played this game for almost 6 years and this is the first time I've heard of Scybots, but now it makes more sense now why I used to see so many people have maxed out generic units when most of them didn't put in the work to make them on their own. I would LOVE to have one.
(edited 3 months ago)

ScarletSuzumiya
2 months ago#17
At SirBlueberry's request, I'm simply posting once here to (temporarily) keep the topic open and not auto-locked for inactivity, in case any further questions come up, so as to answer anything here instead of needing a new topic for them.

To keep this post more relevant though, I also have an answer to a common question/misconception.

Are these Scybots available (from SirBlueberry) in the Vita version of the game (A Promise Revisited)?
The answer is no, they are not. This post here on the PS3 board is relevant only to the PS3 version of the game. However, due to the frequency of friend requests he has received looking for the Vita version, he has since uploaded a similar character in that version of the game, with the majority of available skills and evilities learned, but it does not have 300% aptitudes. It is still perfectly capable of reaching the stat cap regardless. If it doesn't quite get there, depending on the quality of your items, then Prideful Comrade can be used to reach it, possibly along with one other stat boosting evility if you use a monster class.

It is not as "complete" as the Scybots being distributed for the PS3 version of the game, but we both feel that it is "good enough" for most purposes.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: TeknoBlade

TeknoBlade
1 month ago#18
Yo, thanks OP for doing this. Can you add me if you have space? My PSN is Lightrebellion.

Thanks.
3DS FC: 5241-2262-3496, Josh
TeknoBlade posted...
Yo, thanks OP for doing this. Can you add me if you have space? My PSN is Lightrebellion.

Thanks.

Do you still need the pirates? He wanted me to ask you about it, since he sent a friend request more than three weeks ago and it still hasn't been accepted.
TeknoBlade posted...

Thanks.

Do you still need the pirates? He wanted me to ask you about it, since he sent a friend request more than three weeks ago and it still hasn't been accepted.

Alright, so, he's going to just cancel the request for now and make more room for other people (only because of a lack of any kind of response). If you come back here and still need them at some point in the future, just let us know.
  1. Boards
  2. Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten
  3. Regarding Scybots / 300% Aptitude, all skills & evilities pirates

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.