Just started playing online after a year of playing offline. Need tips.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
  3. Just started playing online after a year of playing offline. Need tips.

User Info: BigOlePappy

BigOlePappy
5 years ago#1
I have played for about a year or so offline at MSU's video game club. I had a lot of success and was doing well with execution heavy characters.

My team is C.Viper/Nemmy/Strider

Nemesis stuff is about the same online, but I'm dropping a lot of my mid level and high level combos with C.Viper and Strider. Anyone else who plays these characters online know how to land their harder combos?

I having to double tap every input on Viper's box dash loops to land it and use EX seismo to make up for dropped timings. I do some stuff with BK cancels and BK cancel resets but NEVER can do this online. the 1 frame TK cancel into combo is somewhat iffy online so I don't bother with it.

Offline I do a lot of aggressive tri jumping and cross ups with Vajra assist, but online its so slow that I don't really get much out of it.

Strider's combos....make me cry.

Also, Just checked SRKs forum posts on UMVC3 online input delay....they didn't have a lot of nice things to say about it.

Personally from the viewpoint of having played this with really good people at the MSU video game club for a year, its hard to imagine people who only play this online. They are experiencing a completely different game.
Barrel Roll Achieved !

User Info: ChimeraXx

ChimeraXx
5 years ago#2
Are you aware that you're posting this topic on MvC3 and not UMvC3?
I was hoping to come up with a question while objecting. I didnt. -Miles Edgeworth.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
  3. Just started playing online after a year of playing offline. Need tips.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived