When did BioWares writing become so bad? At this point Obsidian games have the

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. When did BioWares writing become so bad? At this point Obsidian games have the

User Info: Forever Shadowed

Forever Shadowed
5 years ago#1
best stories. Alpha Protocol was incredible and was everything the "Choices matter!" developers promise in their games and fail at delivering.

I just want to know how we can go from something like ME! - with Virgil, and Illos, and those fantastics scenes - to something like "Press a button to select an Ending."
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

User Info: Noyoki

Noyoki
5 years ago#2
Forever Shadowed posted...
best stories. Alpha Protocol was incredible and was everything the "Choices matter!" developers promise in their games and fail at delivering.

I just want to know how we can go from something like ME! - with Virgil, and Illos, and those fantastics scenes - to something like "Press a button to select an Ending."

obsidian?
er...Kotor 2
nuff said.
GT: n0y0ki
dead is dead..there is no good way to go.

User Info: Last Vampire

Last Vampire
5 years ago#3
Obsidian has always outclassed all the other WRPG developers when it comes to story. Even KOTORII had a better story than KOTORI, it just ended up a horrible convoluted mess because LucasArts rushed them to complete it (just like Bethesda did with FO:NV).
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#4
Noyoki posted...

obsidian?
er...Kotor 2
nuff said.

Indeed, it's a good example of how the writing in their games is great- even if the games themselves tend to not be. ;)
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: ShockWav3

ShockWav3
5 years ago#5
>EA
>Dumbed down for Casuals
> Blame Hamburger Helper anyway.
> Bioware never had a full story in mind.

Pick any and all that apply.
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox

User Info: cess

cess
5 years ago#6
Just to be a pain, technically in all games you choose an ending by pressing a button

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
5 years ago#7
KOTOR2 would have been great if they didn't cut out massive parts of the story to release on time.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

User Info: SnuffSevenfoldX

SnuffSevenfoldX
5 years ago#8
Alpha Protocol may have had a meh story, but at least well designed, but it was a wasted potential of a game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-O5IHVhWj0&ob=av2n for any SSX fans who need a pick-me-up

User Info: Tbx66

Tbx66
5 years ago#9
I totally saw that coming lol.
"You assume i give a damn. That's cute."

User Info: aton_ra

aton_ra
5 years ago#10
Bioware's story writing has always been bad, it's their characterization they did well
"victory is reserved for those willing to pay it's price" Sun Tzu
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. When did BioWares writing become so bad? At this point Obsidian games have the

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived