What's your commonly used secondary weapon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. What's your commonly used secondary weapon?

User Info: MegaBeast07

MegaBeast07
4 years ago#11
DoctorTurk posted...
only class i use secondaries on are classes with weight not mattering

Me too, but when i still want a decent cooldown, i bring a decent pistol or a hurricane.
GT-DeathDealer 78 The "L" is an uppercase i
PSN-NorgTheButcher

User Info: BitterBear

BitterBear
4 years ago#12
I've been running Acolyte + Hurricane (ULM, HVB) on caster classes lately.

User Info: big_lo1836

big_lo1836
4 years ago#13
DuneMan posted...
Eh, as long as you have a 17-19 second cooldown for your Pylon, equip whatever you want for your Demolisher. :P

My demo can get 6 grenades over the course of 14 seconds because I keep my cool down manageable. While you can be effective with a long cool down, a shorter cool down is superior IMO. I don't care if I have to share grenades because I reproduce them so quickly. A long cool down makes for a stingy demo.
PSN: BrainiacBlue08
GT: Brainiac8

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 years ago#14
big_lo1836 posted...
DuneMan posted...
Eh, as long as you have a 17-19 second cooldown for your Pylon, equip whatever you want for your Demolisher. :P

My demo can get 6 grenades over the course of 14 seconds because I keep my cool down manageable. While you can be effective with a long cool down, a shorter cool down is superior IMO. I don't care if I have to share grenades because I reproduce them so quickly. A long cool down makes for a stingy demo.

Eh, at +200% cooldown you can replant the Pylon in 9 seconds. So in 18 seconds you can get 4 grenades.

But the Pylon automatically dumps grenades after 17 seconds. So you can still get 4 grenades in 18 seconds by replanting the Pylon every time you have your cooldown ready.

So you only need about +40% cooldown speed for the Demolisher. There's nothing stingy about it.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Gigant0pithecus

Gigant0pithecus
4 years ago#15
I use the Acolyte X with ULM as my primary back-up on the classes that won't suffer from the little extra weight (Vorchinel, Krodept, Havoc, etc.) and the Claymore on the Krogan Sentinel.

I forget what two weapons I use on the N7 Destroyer because I don't play him much; I think a particle rifle and claymore.
XBL GT: Gigantopithecus

User Info: Tysakasa

Tysakasa
4 years ago#16
Phalanx on most of my characters that I need some cooldown bonus for. A few (actually I think only my Volus) I use the Acolyte on.

User Info: xionnoix

xionnoix
4 years ago#17
BitterBear posted...
I've been running Acolyte + Hurricane (ULM, HVB) on caster classes lately.

been trying this out as well.
baby fight: http://i.imgur.com/7f5zB.gif

User Info: fennell92

fennell92
4 years ago#18
I don't use a secondary. I feel weird switching weapons, as dumb as it is.

User Info: Hui_Tian

Hui_Tian
4 years ago#19
the stunner on my pistol
or the bayonet on my shotgun

User Info: kungfuj0

kungfuj0
4 years ago#20
Been runnin' the acolyte alot as a secondary lately, depending on class. And on some classes where the acolyte is my primary, I'll run the hurricane with ULM as a backup or for bosses.

Mostly, it just depends on class though. Some classes get no backup at all. I mainly just try to make sure I have all my bases covered. I want something that can handle phantoms at all times if my powers can't. And I want something that can deal with guardian shields if my powers can't. As long as I have those 2 things covered, I'm good.
Alabama Crimson Tide: 2011-12 National Champions.
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. What's your commonly used secondary weapon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived