So, is Omega worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. So, is Omega worth it?

User Info: slimg914

slimg914
4 years ago#41
It was as good as expected. About what you would expect for a $15 pricetag.

User Info: N7Spectre707

N7Spectre707
4 years ago#42
deathscythe257 posted...
after playing it, good, but not worth 15$, fun, mad that there arent any cerb dragoons in combat...

Enemies not tough at all (didnt die ever)... flare + reave was OP'd,

The thing that made me really sad though is when you go to mess with the reactor, and its all dark, you expect a horror mode moment, but its just like the ardat yakshi monastery... underwhelming...

Theres also the lazy character coding (I gave Aria a GPS, I had a vindicator), in cut scenes, Aria fires the GPS like she is actually using a GPS... Shepard? Has an avenger... -_-

Yeah that problem with the gun tends to happen throughout the game not just in the dlc. All the time Shepard is seen wielding either an avenger assault rifle or a predator pistol regardless of what you have equipped.
---
Your opinion is a valid and respectable expression of your own personal thoughts. You are a winner. Way to go.

User Info: TheSuspected

TheSuspected
4 years ago#43
Leviathan was over twice as long. I finished Omega in about 1.5 hours, compared to Leviathan's 4.5.

I always play DLC on Normal so as not to pad the length because of dying and/or damage soaking enemies.

I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it. Also, two temporary squadmates was a great idea, too bad Bioware didn't implement it with the Mass Effect 2 team instead of what we got. The new enemies were interesting too, if a bit Reaper-esque.

I enjoyed Leviathan more. Omega had a far better conclusion though. If I were to rank the DLCs, it would be Leviathan, LotSB, Omega, and then the rest.

In closing, the length of this DLC really killed it for me. I enjoyed Aria, the new squadmate, the plot and mission, but it was over way too quickly. Not worth $15. Barely worth $10. If you enjoy Mass Effect in general you'll definitely like it though.
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
Now streaming: P4: Arena, PlayStationAllStarsBattleR

User Info: exodiark

exodiark
4 years ago#44
Good, but not worth $15, this is more like $10 dlc for me.

User Info: Prince Enix

Prince Enix
4 years ago#45
TheSuspected posted...
I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it.

It really isn't. Even on Insanity, it was very, very easy. Of course, as an infiltrator, I could just run around cloaked.
Simia simia est, etiamsi aurea gestet insignia.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
4 years ago#46
charon78au posted...
Sounds like it's just a throwaway, take-it-or-leave-it DLC.
I take no pleasure in saying, "I told you so".

Of all the wonderful things they could have done with DLC, helping a master criminal reclaim her hell-hole space station, is way down the list of things that sounded interesting or fun.

This

User Info: OEIO999

OEIO999
4 years ago#47
I am still in the midst of YouTubing both of the DLC's for this game

And I emphasis the word still, because I have no intention of going back and finishing either of those pathetic and lazy attempt to rectify the mess, that was ME3:SP

User Info: Baldulf

Baldulf
4 years ago#48
OEIO999 posted...
I am still in the midst of YouTubing both of the DLC's for this game

And I emphasis the word still, because I have no intention of going back and finishing either of those pathetic and lazy attempt to rectify the mess, that was ME3:SP

There is nothing to youtube, really. Just the same old combat and a few poor cinematics (some of them full of glitches)

On the other hand there are some nice backgrounds here and there, but that's all.

User Info: TheSuspected

TheSuspected
4 years ago#49
Prince Enix posted...
TheSuspected posted...
I will say that the final battle for Omega was good, and definitely will be a difficult fight on Insanity when I get around to it.

It really isn't. Even on Insanity, it was very, very easy. Of course, as an infiltrator, I could just run around cloaked.

I'm an Engineer. When the new enemies caught me slipping even once, they would stun lock me like nothing I've ever seen. Admittedly, I wasn't thinking of strategy, but on Insanity I'd think you only get once chance to mess up like that.

But if cloaking breaks the fight completely, then wow. Another negative.
PSN: NaRD2ndG | Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/nard2ndg | www.twitch.tv/nard2ndg
Now streaming: P4: Arena, PlayStationAllStarsBattleR
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. So, is Omega worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived