Question about Volus Protector

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Question about Volus Protector

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#1
I just got the character and did a 6/6/6/0/6 build. To me, having both Biotic Charge AND Shield Boost is just asking for the Fitness class to be maxed. I played a match with him, and although he's really aggressive and has great survivability, I really wish I could max his passive class for weapon damage. I already have Weapon Synergy in Biotic Charge, so more weapon damage evolutions would be great.

My question is whether or not Biotic Orbs are really worth it. On the Adept, I rarely ever even notice the difference with or without them on, and it was pretty much the same way with the Vanguard. Without the Orbs, I would max the passive class for weapon damage.

Thoughts?

User Info: Nafzger

Nafzger
4 years ago#2
It depends on how you're spec'ing biotic orbs. You could make a good weapons build and use the biotic orbs as debuffers. Then take weapon damage in the passives. Maybe do 4 in shield boost, 5 in charge, or something. IDK. My build is way different than yours so I can only speculate on what would work.
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher

User Info: LilyxLightning

LilyxLightning
4 years ago#3
If you have a very high power recharge speed bonus in the first place, Biotic Orbs won't make a large impact on cooldowns. The power does allow the Volus Protector to take a heavier loadout and use the Orbs to compensate for weight.

Or you could always evolve Biotic Orbs offensively. They make an excellent follow-up for Charge (especially with the Rank 5 Power Synergy evolution for Charge) and can inflict a heavy damage-taken debuff on enemies.
"No, John. You are the Reapers"
And then John was the Catalyst.

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#4
LilyxLightning posted...
If you have a very high power recharge speed bonus in the first place, Biotic Orbs won't make a large impact on cooldowns. The power does allow the Volus Protector to take a heavier loadout and use the Orbs to compensate for weight.

Ah, I hadn't even considered that.

So if I have a 140% recharge speed bonus and Biotic Orbs has all of the power recharge speed evolutions, the 60% cooldown from Biotic Orbs compensates for my loadout?
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Question about Volus Protector

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived