Volus Mercenary build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Volus Mercenary build?

User Info: herduliekmudkip

herduliekmudkip
4 years ago#11
sheepman23 posted...
I know he's not exactly the greatest kit ever

yes he is sorry about your bad opinion
http://i.imgur.com/fsSme.png
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#12
herduliekmudkip posted...

Give me three reasons why he's better than the Engineer.
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: code_kirin

code_kirin
4 years ago#13
The drone and decoy do detonate tech combos when they explode. Nothing else contributes.

Every single time I try searching for a game with my volus merc, I get reapers, so I learned the neat little trick of shooting ravagers to light them on fire and then teleporting a drone onto them. The drone blows up instantly and gives you a fire explosion.

really though he sucks terribly vs reapers why does the game keep making me fight them

herduliekmudkip
4 years ago#14
sheepman23 posted...

Give me three reasons why he's better than the Engineer.

more fun
more fun
more fun
Meet herduliekmudkip hater of all things powerful and easy to use. ~ donkeyofdestiny

sheepman23
4 years ago#15
code_kirin posted...
really though he sucks terribly vs reapers why does the game keep making me fight them

I've been pretty lucky so far - I wound up in two games with Cerberus and Geth, and they just LOVE Decoy.

more fun
more fun
more fun

I won't deny that the Mercenary's play style is kind of fun (it's interesting playing a role where you have to draw attention away from everyone), but that doesn't make him a great character.

Still, so far he has pleasantly surprised me. I expected to be on the bottom of the scoreboard - I've ended up in second both times. Of course, I'm playing with randoms, so...
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: FullMetalMania

FullMetalMania
4 years ago#16
Don't use the Volus. Problem solved.
"Welcome to the internet, where everyone gets off to EVERYTHING."
~kingkaze187

User Info: ToolOwnsYou

ToolOwnsYou
4 years ago#17
He trollin.

Played a Merc round against Cerberus. With disruptor rounds, I could stun soldiers pretty frequently. Phantoms fell for Decoy constantly.

Pretty fun. Weird not going for kills much at all.
Signature.

sheepman23
4 years ago#18
Just completed a Cerberus/Glacier/Gold game with him - scored around 110K, and that was with 3 missiles remaining.

I have to admit, he's turning out to be a lot better than I expected. Atleast against Cerberus, that is; it's so easy to lock down groups of enemies, leaving teammates wide open to attack. Phantoms just look stupid when you set a Decoy down. It's also pretty fun to put a Drone down by a Turret, use Incendiary Rounds on it, and then watch the beautiful fire explosion when the Drone explodes.

Oh, and best of all...

"Let's get paid!"

(Gotta love those Volus...)
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

herduliekmudkip
4 years ago#19
sheepman23 posted...
I won't deny that the Mercenary's play style is kind of fun (it's interesting playing a role where you have to draw attention away from everyone), but that doesn't make him a great character.

is this not why you would play a game?
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Volus Mercenary build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived