Rate the Weapon Day 3: Raptor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Rate the Weapon Day 3: Raptor

User Info: AnonyMouseX

AnonyMouseX
4 years ago#31
Havoc49J posted...
I'm just going to put this here.

Raptor
Damage: 107.5
Weight: 0.70
Mag size: 15

Phalanx
Damage: 143.5
Weight: 0.25
Mag size: 12

Both silver weapons. Both semi auto. Pistols has better mods than snipers.

Raptor is about DPS, not single-shot damage. Its rate of fire is over double that of the phalanx, if you have a quick trigger finger. Even with the 40% damage buff from a heavy barrel, the phalanx can't out-DPS a raptor with the 25% damage buff of a HV barrel. Less damage, higher RoF. And, since SRs can get 90% armor mitigation from mods alone, (versus 65% on pistols,) the raptor's lesser damage-per-shot isn't crippling it when facing armor. With these mods, it still out-DPSs a phalanx against armor.

I wouldn't say either gun is objectively superior to the other. They're built for two different styles of combat. But I will say this: if I'm proccing ammo effects, I'd take the raptor. And, frankly, that's what I primarily use it for.

User Info: spfurm01

spfurm01
4 years ago#32
The raptor challenge was arguably the worst challenge in for Outsider...looking back on it I would've gladly taken 200 waves of another Volus/Drell/ExCerb instead.
We know Gavorn's tricks! We leave!

User Info: code_kirin

code_kirin
4 years ago#33
AnonyMouseX posted...
Havoc49J posted...
I'm just going to put this here.

Raptor
Damage: 107.5
Weight: 0.70
Mag size: 15

Phalanx
Damage: 143.5
Weight: 0.25
Mag size: 12

Both silver weapons. Both semi auto. Pistols has better mods than snipers.

Raptor is about DPS, not single-shot damage. Its rate of fire is over double that of the phalanx, if you have a quick trigger finger. Even with the 40% damage buff from a heavy barrel, the phalanx can't out-DPS a raptor with the 25% damage buff of a HV barrel. Less damage, higher RoF. And, since SRs can get 90% armor mitigation from mods alone, (versus 65% on pistols,) the raptor's lesser damage-per-shot isn't crippling it when facing armor. With these mods, it still out-DPSs a phalanx against armor

Actually, it's under double that of the Phalanx. Phalanx has a fire rate of 250rpm, and Raptor has a stated fire rate of 550. For inexplicable reasons however, Raptor's RoF is hard-capped at 400. It won't break 400 even with marksman and an autoclicker AFAIK.

Raptor will lose to a Phalanx with heavy barrel. It still has the advantage of thermal scope, but it is kind of sad I'll admit.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Rate the Weapon Day 3: Raptor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived