Greater Chance for Getting New Characters?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Greater Chance for Getting New Characters?

User Info: Z0MBIESwithAIDS

Z0MBIESwithAIDS
3 years ago#1
Did Bioware increase the odds of getting new characters out of Reserve Packs? My first Reserve Pack netted me a Geth Juggernaut and the Alliance Infiltration Unit, and the second got me another AIU and the Krogan Warlord. I haven't gotten close to maxing out the other kits (apart from the starting Human classes, I think the only kit that I've maxed all the appearance options for is the Krogan Soldier), so this seemed more than just random luck. Anybody else have similar experiences?

User Info: orangenee

orangenee
3 years ago#2
Possibly. Then again they've been chucking out UR upgrades a fair bit.

I got two Collector cards in one RP earlier as well.

I think the RNG has gone mad.
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30

User Info: iamdanthaman

iamdanthaman
3 years ago#3
UR characters are not the same as UR weapons. I think they.are a little more rare than regular characters, but I'm not even sure about that. I got the collector 3 times before I even got the warlord once.
All your base are belong to us

User Info: charon78au

charon78au
3 years ago#4
Semi-related: Do the arsenal and reserve packs have a higher drop rate for UR weapons?
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78

User Info: orangenee

orangenee
3 years ago#5
Reserve packs seem fairly more inclined to give you UR weapons than arse packs.

SPs too.

PSPs are fairly whimsical.
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#6
A large sample size put PSPs and SPs at about 6% for UR drops while a much smaller sample put RPs and APs at 11%, for whatever that's worth. I'm probably just going to start buying a Spectre pack after every game now that I have all the characters unlocked, I've heard that they give a lot of level 3 consumables though I've never actually bought one hehe.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
I unlocked the Krogan Warlord from a free Gift Pack in the Shop (dunno if that was given out to commemorate the MP DLC), and the first Reserve Pack that I purchased netted me the Batarian Slasher (which I had yet to unlock) and the Geth Juggernaut, so yay. :D

User Info: TheFeshPince

TheFeshPince
3 years ago#8
Lord of Nightmares posted...
I unlocked the Krogan Warlord from a free Gift Pack in the Shop (dunno if that was given out to commemorate the MP DLC), and the first Reserve Pack that I purchased netted me the Batarian Slasher (which I had yet to unlock) and the Geth Juggernaut, so yay. :D

lucky
Well, if it makes you feel any better I have yet to unlock any of the new URs, and I really want that Awakened Collector.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Greater Chance for Getting New Characters?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived