Go with the flow or do your own? (Gold)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Go with the flow or do your own? (Gold)

User Info: KADFC

KADFC
4 years ago#1
In most gold games, people tend to fill in their fill of bonuses (ammo/weapon/armor). Lately, I've been seeing a trend. When they don't equip any bonuses, they get a very low score (lower than 30K). I'm not saying that applies to everyone, but the majority

So as of right now, whenever I enter a game, I look at what they are using first. If I don't see anyone putting anything on, I don't put anything on as well. In my mind, why should I waste what I have if no one else is willing to use theirs?

Do you guys do the same or do you equip regardless if others do or not? I don't have a lot of bonuses to spend. So I think it's better to conserve. I have a lot of consumables (all 4 is over 150), so those I can use without the care in the world.

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
4 years ago#2
I have a near infinite supply of level 1 equipment so i will always equip something
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King

User Info: perfect_general

perfect_general
4 years ago#3
Mr_Pipboy posted...
I have a near infinite supply of level 1 equipment so i will always equip something

Ditto. Or use garbage stuff like explosive rounds.
"He who laughs last, doesn't get the joke"
Haley Joel Osment 4 years ago#4
I usually just put on something useless like Explosive Rounds or an Adrenaline Module I to make it seem like I'm making an effort.
I see dead people.

User Info: KADFC

KADFC
4 years ago#5
My useless equipments are also low, so I can't even show an effort if I do that... how do you guys stock up on so much? Show me the light? Should I just keep buying Recruits and Vet packs?

User Info: deathscythe257

deathscythe257
4 years ago#6
KADFC posted...
In most gold games, people tend to fill in their fill of bonuses (ammo/weapon/armor). Lately, I've been seeing a trend. When they don't equip any bonuses, they get a very low score (lower than 30K). I'm not saying that applies to everyone, but the majority

So as of right now, whenever I enter a game, I look at what they are using first. If I don't see anyone putting anything on, I don't put anything on as well. In my mind, why should I waste what I have if no one else is willing to use theirs?

Do you guys do the same or do you equip regardless if others do or not? I don't have a lot of bonuses to spend. So I think it's better to conserve. I have a lot of consumables (all 4 is over 150), so those I can use without the care in the world.

Valid point, and what you said is true, especially since ammo mods more than anything increase damage... I used level IV ammo in a plat game, the highest everyone else had was level 3. I easily broke the lead. More damage = more points.

I generally equip based on what kit I am using. If its a non-weapons class (eg adepts), armor bonus, gear, and thats it. Then I check the game setting (cerberus, reaper, geth, unknown...) Then I also take into account what my team has, if no one uses high level equips, I use whats comparable. Finally, also depends on the difficulty I am playing. (ie I never use level IV in gold, but I will use level 1, 2, 3...)
Yes, this is a signature.

User Info: twinstarnumber1

twinstarnumber1
4 years ago#7
at the very least i'll equip an AP or Drill rounds 1 just to get the armor piercing for Guardians.
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
4 years ago#8
KADFC posted...
My useless equipments are also low, so I can't even show an effort if I do that... how do you guys stock up on so much? Show me the light? Should I just keep buying Recruits and Vet packs?

Store up 1,000,000+ credits, and then when going for the promotion challenge, just buy recruit packs. Once you max your commons and uncommons each one will give you a character card that will give you either 12,500 or 62,500 XP allowing you to rank up faster and store up a large amount of level 1 gear and consumables.
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King

User Info: Cthe34Truth

Cthe34Truth
4 years ago#9
I only use equipment if at least 2 other people are (and one has to be the host), and I only use equipment as high as they're using.
"So being 10 is not a deterrent from a romance aspect." -pillerofautumn
@_@

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#10
Sometimes I won't for the simple reason that I'm always very low on consumables.

Hopefully that will change once I max all of my Rare weapons though. It just sucks going into Platinum with a biotic character and not having a single Warp Rounds to slap on...
XBL GT - Sheepman2342
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Go with the flow or do your own? (Gold)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived