When did the Reapers first use thier iconic VVVRRUUNNNGG sound?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. When did the Reapers first use thier iconic VVVRRUUNNNGG sound?

User Info: DratNor

DratNor
3 years ago#1
Apologises, for the mannagled spelling. But you know that iconic VRUNG sound the Reapers make? What game did that debut in?

A friend is adamant it was in 1, but I don't think it actually debuted until 3. Of course, it's probably 2 and no one got it right.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I am a Well Constructed Troll

User Info: AllDay524

AllDay524
3 years ago#2
IIRC When you first see Sovereign on Eden Prime. Though it isn't as loins as it is in 3
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
3 years ago#3
It makes a noise when it takes off, but I don't think it makes quite the same noise on Eden Prime. Certainly not the ridiculous sounding horn from ME3.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: TemplariShadow

TemplariShadow
3 years ago#4
It also goes hand in hand with generic ominous sounding bass chords. DUNNNNNNNNN.

User Info: colon_three

colon_three
3 years ago#5
Just watched a video to make sure. Sovereign does not make that noise in ME1, at least not on Eden Prime...so I guess it must have started in ME3.

I'd have been wrong about that.
PSN - Neo_Buddha
I need a new sig, say something funny. :3

User Info: Crikit47

Crikit47
3 years ago#6
I think it would have had to have been before mass effect 3. I distinctly remember my roommate at the time referring to the noise as "reaper farts". And I wasn't living with him when 3 was out. But I have absolutely no proof besides that.

User Info: fennell92

fennell92
3 years ago#7
Sovereign makes a HHHRRRMMMMMM sound when it dies in the first game, but it's different than the sound the other reapers make.

User Info: Orange_Apples

Orange_Apples
3 years ago#8
For some reason I think the movie inception was involved.
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: primusnine

primusnine
3 years ago#9
AllDay524 posted...
IIRC When you first see Sovereign on Eden Prime. Though it isn't as loins as it is in 3

Predictive strikes again!
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. When did the Reapers first use thier iconic VVVRRUUNNNGG sound?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived