all Rares now maxed. Which packs to buy for URs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. all Rares now maxed. Which packs to buy for URs?

User Info: Mr_arizona

Mr_arizona
4 years ago#1
Finally maxed out all my Rare characters, weapons, mods, and gear. Only thing left is URs and a ton of consumables. I want to know what the best pack for getting URs is.

Spectres - I heard the benefit of going this route is they're only 60,000 and give you more chances in the long run along with more consumables along the way.

PSP - Best odds on paper but at 99,000 are more of a risk and likely to be doing multiple Gold runs or being exclusively Platinum.

Arsenal - Higher chance for guns but does that also carry over to URs as in the chance of a UR weapon out weights the chance for an ammo power?

Reserve - Heard this one actually give the best chance since it prioritizes characters and if you got them maxed it then starts looking at URs before ammo or equipment.
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://zorcorner.webs.com/1242909212_sexy_girl_vs_yoga_ball.gif

User Info: RONIN_Y0JIMBO

RONIN_Y0JIMBO
4 years ago#2
I've heard people claim that they've had better luck with either regular Spectre packs or Reserve packs, but I don't know that it's ever been really found true.
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger

User Info: Tamondaichi

Tamondaichi
4 years ago#3
Idk. I saved up 3.5 million and today I spend it all on Reserves packs. Got the Harrier X, Black Widow XII, Venom Shotgun 1 and Collector SMG IV, the rest were all level IV ammo and gear.

User Info: Charmile

Charmile
4 years ago#4
Arsenal seemed to work for me when I was maxing out Reckoning
The problem with restraining speech is, who gets to set the rules? If it's only okay in a certain time or place, who gets to say what time and what place?

User Info: Skydude

Skydude
4 years ago#5
I've had fairly good luck with arsenal packs the last couple of days. Luck really is what it comes down to a lot of the time. You could buy 5 packs and get 3 URs, or buy 10 and get 1.
Jesus loves everyone!
Except people still whining about the refs in Super Bowl XL or XLIII. He's sick of your complaining.

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#6
I know that it doesn't make logical sense, but I've been getting a lot of UR's out of Spectre Packs lately. The CSMG IV that I got yesterday came from one, and this was after spending a whole day of buying PSP's with my credits.
XBL GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: twinstarnumber1

twinstarnumber1
4 years ago#7
if you're asking about the long run, then buy Arsenal packs, and by long run i mean 50+ packs. If you want results in the short term then it doesn't really matter what you buy. The differences aren't enough to make a difference.
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar

User Info: GoldenSWarriors

GoldenSWarriors
4 years ago#8
just go spectres so you get more equipment
GT: F3rocious Panda

User Info: p0iz3n0us

p0iz3n0us
4 years ago#9
Tamondaichi posted...
Idk. I saved up 3.5 million and today I spend it all on Reserves packs. Got the Harrier X, Black Widow XII, Venom Shotgun 1 and Collector SMG IV, the rest were all level IV ammo and gear.

Black Widow XII?!?! So It's go to XX now?
XBL GT..........Sgt Tethras
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Sgt%20Tethras&platform=xbox

User Info: garan

garan
4 years ago#10
I've been keeping track of the last few shopping sprees, & Reserve Packs regularly give me 10-15% UR drops.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. all Rares now maxed. Which packs to buy for URs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived