ONE inferno grenade will kill any boss on ANY difficulty

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. ONE inferno grenade will kill any boss on ANY difficulty

User Info: Nefhith

Nefhith
4 years ago#31
It works.

Went to gold, reapers and giant. Chose the batarian soldier and left a brute alive, threw a grenade at it, waited until he stopped getting hurt and then used my level VII reegar with incendiary 3 ammo. I barely scratched half his armor.

The second attempt was throwing a grenade and immediately discharged a mag of reegar rage. Until up to the first 10 bullets it did "poor" damage, but it scaled crazily, and when I emptied the whole clip, the brute had about 3 armor bars, which got burned in less than 2 seconds.

The third test was throwing a grenade at another brute and only using about 50% of the reegar's clip. The brute didn't take much damage, but I clearly could see how he got a bunch of damage after I stopped shooting.

What I found most interesting was the room-cleaning you can do with it. Just throw a grenade at these 3 brutes, 2 ravagers and god-knows-how-many-more-enemies, start shooting the reegar and swinging it horizontally (as if you were trying to pee and were drunk) until you left the clip empty, run away and if after about 3 seconds there was something still alive, it probably was a banshee (they could survive thanks to their barrier) or a brute with only one armor bar left.

User Info: i5tioneyes

i5tioneyes
4 years ago#32
Nefhith posted...
It works.

Went to gold, reapers and giant. Chose the batarian soldier and left a brute alive, threw a grenade at it, waited until he stopped getting hurt and then used my level VII reegar with incendiary 3 ammo. I barely scratched half his armor.

The second attempt was throwing a grenade and immediately discharged a mag of reegar rage. Until up to the first 10 bullets it did "poor" damage, but it scaled crazily, and when I emptied the whole clip, the brute had about 3 armor bars, which got burned in less than 2 seconds.

The third test was throwing a grenade at another brute and only using about 50% of the reegar's clip. The brute didn't take much damage, but I clearly could see how he got a bunch of damage after I stopped shooting.

What I found most interesting was the room-cleaning you can do with it. Just throw a grenade at these 3 brutes, 2 ravagers and god-knows-how-many-more-enemies, start shooting the reegar and swinging it horizontally (as if you were trying to pee and were drunk) until you left the clip empty, run away and if after about 3 seconds there was something still alive, it probably was a banshee (they could survive thanks to their barrier) or a brute with only one armor bar left.

yes. works better with incendiary IV and inferno grenades maxed for damage (also reegar x) but yeah. i forgot to mention the horizontal swinging but that is also a very good way to clear rooms. good job nefhith
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. ONE inferno grenade will kill any boss on ANY difficulty

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived