Why do people run around alone on Gold?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Why do people run around alone on Gold?

User Info: Hiyada

Hiyada
4 years ago#1
They usually get downed quickly. If this happens early in Wave 1 with more than one player lone wolfing it, I already know how the whole match will be. Failed mission.

Stick together in a tactically sound area or move together as one. Combined might is better.

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
4 years ago#2
Some people can lone wolf it, some people can't. And some people think they can when in fact they can't. If you know you can lock down a section of the map and take the pressure off your team, its really fun.
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King

User Info: gunhole

gunhole
4 years ago#3
that's what the pug life taught me...
[redX] [redX]

User Info: twinstarnumber1

twinstarnumber1
4 years ago#4
<shrugs shoulders>, don't know the majority Gold games i play consist of people running around on their own killing enemies as fast as they can, no team work. Those games almost always go fine. A lot of games i see with people staying together, the game takes longer, and people wind up wiping. Working as a team is fine but there's nothing that says you can't go on your own. It all comes down to skill and equipment.

A good lone wolf player can make the game go faster (objectives, managing spawns, and so on).
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar

User Info: phoenix52

phoenix52
4 years ago#5
Sometimes the rest of the team almost forces you to go off a little bit. I was playing an engineer with three juggernauts on Hydra a while ago and I couldn't hit a thing because of all the hex shiields that were up. I went down once or twice, but I also killed several Brutes and Ravagers in addition to kiting a Banshee or two around until it could be dealt with properly.
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever

User Info: Zimmygunnar

Zimmygunnar
4 years ago#6
It's acceptable if you're a Shadow because you should be running around the back lines 1-shotting stuff anyway, but it's dumb if you're anything else
GT: romertremor http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif
Pawn - Geoffrey/Sorcerer

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#7
If I'm a class that can withstand a lot of heat in close-quarters combat - like the Valkyrie, for instance - then hell yes I'm going to run around a lot and not stay glued to my teammates. However, I also recognize that if I go down, my teammates are not responsible for picking me up just because I made a bad decision.
GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: Superfluou5

Superfluou5
4 years ago#8
Mostly because it's fun.

Zimmygunnar posted...
It's acceptable if you're a Shadow because you should be running around the back lines 1-shotting stuff anyway, but it's dumb if you're anything else

No.
Gt: BeIlum
(the first L is a capital i)

User Info: TimeShinigami

TimeShinigami
4 years ago#9
Because letting the pugs take aggro while I kill is funny.

Seriously though, I've got 0 problems running around by myself. Most of the classes I play are either snipers, melee, or super-speedy, all of which should be on their lonesome to be the most effective.
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- Piferm01

User Info: DC_Trog90

DC_Trog90
4 years ago#10
I run around. Even when I play volus. The only time i stay close to the team is on platinum.
GT: DCTrog90
I'm Garrus Vakarian, and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Why do people run around alone on Gold?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived