Do Melee buffs effect Smash's power?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Do Melee buffs effect Smash's power?

User Info: SutebenuSanV2

SutebenuSanV2
3 years ago#1
Been looking for a while now but I can't find a straight answer on this. Is it melee powered or Biotic powered? Like will having the Omni-blade attachment on a Shotgun or having the Guerrilla package make it stronger, or should I use something to buff Biotic damage like the Commando Package?
Logic? On the internet? How utterly absurd-SlingoRingo
https://soundcloud.com/steven-williams-12

User Info: deathscythe257

deathscythe257
3 years ago#2
smash is a pure biotic power. It is already quite powerful, it would become OP'd if it was melee boosted.
Yes, this is a signature.

User Info: 8bitPunk

8bitPunk
3 years ago#3
SutebenuSanV2 posted...
Been looking for a while now but I can't find a straight answer on this. Is it melee powered or Biotic powered? Like will having the Omni-blade attachment on a Shotgun or having the Guerrilla package make it stronger, or should I use something to buff Biotic damage like the Commando Package?

I wonder... maybe at close range?

I want to say 'probably not', but you could always test it with a Rank 1 Smash, and boosted Fitness. Then you could own the basic enemies and see if it is boosted.
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)

User Info: Nefhith

Nefhith
3 years ago#4
It's purely biotic, but you can boost your melee damage (even though the whip's melee is one of the weakest in the game IIRC) and do smash > melee immediately to deal massive damage and stun everything in your range.

I think you'll go better by using a pistol with melee stunner and power amplifier (can you run both at the same time?)
I eat at a level 5 seafood restaurant.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Do Melee buffs effect Smash's power?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived