I played a silver match yesterday for the first time in months

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. I played a silver match yesterday for the first time in months

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
4 years ago#11
I remember taking the jump from Silver to Gold last year. It really is a lot worse than Bronze to Silver, or even Gold to Platinum (the latter of which I almost see no difference, other than the higher number of bosses). It's been so long since I've played a non-solo Silver match that I can't even imagine how easy it would probably be now.

And I agree with Yamato on the objectives thing. Not saying that a great team would lose in a bad situation, but getting the London/Rio central hack on Wave 10 of Collectors Platinum is just setting a group of players up for failure, regardless of their skill level.
GT - Sheepman2342

User Info: Yandizbar

Yandizbar
4 years ago#12
A messed up objective can occur during any match whether its bronze or platinum. Yes, bad stuff happens. But it isn't specific to a difficulty. Assuming all goes well, 9/10 times a prepared, well-equipped team with the characteristics I mentioned before will win. It's that simple.

User Info: phoenix52

phoenix52
4 years ago#13
Bad stuff is much worse on higher difficulties than it is on Bronze though. It goes from "Oh, guess I might have to gel or pop a survival pack" to "Oh, guess we're just going to wipe on this round".

I definitely think the jump to Gold is a shock. I've played on gold a decent amount in the past before taking a month or two without playing the game at all. After coming back I mainly stuck to Silver just to get my sea legs back, but reentering Gold is still a bit of a challenge. I have games where I can hardly keep myself alive despite using kits that I'm comfortable with on Silver. I know I'm not a great player or anything, but the bump really can get to most people pretty easily.
Its like having a knitting contest between the best regular old lady knitter in the world and a guy who's superpower is specifically to be the best knitter ever
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. I played a silver match yesterday for the first time in months

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived