Community Game: How many tries does it take to get a Platinum match?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Community Game: How many tries does it take to get a Platinum match?

User Info: Havoc49J

Havoc49J
3 years ago#1
1. Missile Glitcher
2. Rio/Missile Glitcher
3. Rio/Missile Glitcher
4. Room number 2 again
5. Two Juggernauts and a Collector, no equipment
6. I'm going back to Skyrim.

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
3 years ago#2
... And this is why I now reserve Platinum for friends. I hate wasting 30 minutes of my time just trying to find a legitimate match.

User Info: Mr_Pipboy

Mr_Pipboy
3 years ago#3
My experiences are a little different ... when I get to step 6 I play State of Decay.
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King

User Info: garan

garan
3 years ago#4
I haven't run into any missile glitchers in at least a month if not 2. They must all play in the day, as I am on late night (post midnight CDT).

User Info: gunhole

gunhole
3 years ago#5
Havoc49J posted...
1. Missile Glitcher
2. Rio/Missile Glitcher
3. Rio/Missile Glitcher
4. Room number 2 again
5. Two Juggernauts and a Collector, no equipment
6. I'm going back to Skyrim.

other than room 5 being pre-set to giant/reapers & that there were 3 more of them... yeah........
[redX] [redX]
My latest attempts at joining a random Platinum match had me ending up in the same Hydra map 4 times with a lone player exploiting that glitch in one corner of the map (the one where you can somehow end up on top of that structure/cables and the enemies can't reach you), leaving the spawning area swarming with a ridiculous number of assorted Reaper units.

The fifth try had me joining a lobby with 2 AIUs and a Juggernaut. The first two were fully equipped, while the Juggernaut did not use any equipment whatsoever and had an N7 ranking of just under 200. The latter went down 4-5 times each wave during the first 2 waves alone and refused to revive himself, and eventually ragequit sometime before wave 3. The 3 of us managed to successfully complete the match with some difficulty (vs. Collectors), so yeah, at least it turned out well in the end.

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
3 years ago#7
I make it to Step 2, then I go back to Gold, and if there's nothing good there: I either A) solo grind out weapon challenges, or B) play...... wait for it..... Dragon Age 2.
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs

User Info: zhoban

zhoban
3 years ago#8
I'm random when it comes to Step 6 if I make it there. Sometimes it's Lollipop Chainsaw, sometimes it's Bulletstorm, and other times I just decide to play Infinite Undiscovery.
Gamertag - zhoban
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=zhoban&platform=xbox

User Info: sheepman23

sheepman23
3 years ago#9
It's funny, because soon after this thread was posted, Panda and I opened up a Platinum lobby, and we got two of the best randoms that I've ever done matches with. We proceeded to tear up a few games with all-biotic squads, and it was actually really fun. We didn't go down very much, and we were finishing in a little over 20 minutes for each one.

Why can't I get randoms like that when I'm by myself? Lol.

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
3 years ago#10
sheepman23 posted...
It's funny, because soon after this thread was posted, Panda and I opened up a Platinum lobby, and we got two of the best randoms that I've ever done matches with. We proceeded to tear up a few games with all-biotic squads, and it was actually really fun. We didn't go down very much, and we were finishing in a little over 20 minutes for each one.

Why can't I get randoms like that when I'm by myself? Lol.

There's your answer. You had the power of the Panda.
GT: BigRaff87 | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Community Game: How many tries does it take to get a Platinum match?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived