As this board nears the tail end of its life...

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As this board nears the tail end of its life...

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
6 months ago#1
take a second or two to remember this place during its peak.

So yeah, the amount of active topics and activity is slowing down. :( What an awesome board this was. I'll never forget the times before Mass Effect 3 released, with everyone sharing their theories, and what they waned to see in this game. Pre release was probably the best time I had here on this board.

I'll never forget the leaked script, and then the topics expressing the disappointments on how this game turned out in the end. I'll never forget the countless MP topics as well, and the Citadel DLC discussions too. I can't believe it has been 5 years already since this game has released, where does the time go? So, any other users here from the past?
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

User Info: Distant_Rainbow

Distant_Rainbow
6 months ago#2
I've been around here on-and-off since October 2012-ish. So, well after the initial release, but early enough to wait for whatever DLCs might still remain.

It's funny when I think about it now; the enormous backlash regarding this game's ending was what piqued my curiosity and prompted me to start playing the series in the first place. Had it just gone over as a satisfactory or at least OK ending, it wouldn't have been so heavily publicized(at least, enough for a non-player like me with absolutely no interest to notice) and thus I wouldn't have gotten the chance to experience what the trilogy had in store for me. So in a sense, I should be thankful for that horrible original ending for something, it introduced me to a trio of great games(and more, maybe, since I learned about and played Dragon Age: Origins because of them as well).
Link meets Fire Emblem in CYOA: Tales of Elibe! Come read, and find out what happens! Click below!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/468480-fire-emblem/74841835

User Info: Ghostfeet

Ghostfeet
6 months ago#3
I've been in and out of here since I pre-ordered the game all that time ago. Definitely much less active these days as my priorities have shifted. But I still drop in to read now and again.
I am a cat, who thinks he's a dog, and is trapped within a mans body.

User Info: JHooked

JHooked
6 months ago#4
I hear ya man. I created my account because I had things to say when ME2 was announced. I just started replaying the trilogy and started 3 last night. Stopped by here to see whats new. Is there many people still playing multi player?
No signature required.

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
6 months ago#5
It's still pretty active. You'll never fail to find a match.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

User Info: CommanderAngel1

CommanderAngel1
6 months ago#6
Distant_Rainbow posted...
I've been around here on-and-off since October 2012-ish. So, well after the initial release, but early enough to wait for whatever DLCs might still remain.

It's funny when I think about it now; the enormous backlash regarding this game's ending was what piqued my curiosity and prompted me to start playing the series in the first place. Had it just gone over as a satisfactory or at least OK ending, it wouldn't have been so heavily publicized(at least, enough for a non-player like me with absolutely no interest to notice) and thus I wouldn't have gotten the chance to experience what the trilogy had in store for me. So in a sense, I should be thankful for that horrible original ending for something, it introduced me to a trio of great games(and more, maybe, since I learned about and played Dragon Age: Origins because of them as well).

Sweet mercy, that's almost exactly what happened to me!

Differently, I picked up ME3 when it was out for a little while, because I saw the "BIOWARE" label (back when that meant something different than it does today).
See, I had just finished KOTOR, and I was absolutely thrilled by how good that game is; so when I looked up the creators, I saw that there was another sci-fi series made by the same.

And the rest is history.

-------------

My perspective is unique, because I saw how the story ends, and THEN saw how it got there, having gotten ME1 and ME2 shortly afterward so I could do a full story-run.

I was amazed at how different ME3 was now that I had a save import across the first two games.

Almost like my first run was a giant awesome prologue, and I get to play how it REALLY happened. *wink* (Headcanon for the win!)

-------------

Mass Effect will always have a special place in my heart, because at the time, I had almost no control over my life and my decisions didn't have the slightest effect on what happened to me... and here is this expansive galaxy where I am in command, MY choices matter, and I AM SOMEONE OF WORTH.

It was a powerful feeling, and this series got me through some very difficult times.

Thankfully my situation isn't so dire anymore, and I still like my twin "canons" of Vanguard and Sentinel.

It also led me to find Dragon Age, and it's there I found out about "Magic Knight" archetypes and why I love playing as one (see: Arcane Warrior and Knight Enchanter) plus Spirit Healers are amazing.

-------------

I'm very glad I found Mass Effect because it's one of those game series that I'll never get tired of.

I should go (start another playthrough!)

User Info: Nefhith

Nefhith
6 months ago#7
Javik has aspergers.
Do you want to build a reaper?

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
6 months ago#8
Still here. Still playing MP. Andromeda's MP and SP is simply terrible IMO.
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

User Info: xKryptonKnightx

xKryptonKnightx
5 months ago#9
Doing some of the "rating" series of topics was pretty fun.
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Knight
(edited 5 months ago)

User Info: garan

garan
5 months ago#10
I actually ran into TC while we were both still over at the ME2 boards, before ME3 was even announced. I came over here in the pre-release days and followed the mess that came with the release.

Personally, I did not enjoy the SP very much and actually set the game aside to wait for the extended cut. That did not fix things for me, and the SP still has a lot of flaws-- lack of control over Shepard's behavior (and fewer dialog options) being the main one that bothers me, although the garbage anime reject that is Kai Lame would be next.

I eventually got my money's worth out of ME3 by surprisingly falling in love with the MP and was greatly amused by the Citadel DLC, chock full of wonderful character interaction that is the true greatness of the Mass Effect series.

My favorite memories of this board would probably be some of the running arguments (QvG) and the Derp troll army.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As this board nears the tail end of its life...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.