As this board nears the tail end of its life...

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As this board nears the tail end of its life...

User Info: trapgod_revan

trapgod_revan
3 weeks ago#101
AceofSpades1700 posted...
ME2 was da bes

ME2 was the best in terms of squadmates, storyline, and general gameplay.
ME1 had the best power-usage system.
ME3 had the best powers and weapons/weapon modding system.
I don't know which was worse, the cold or the corporations. One will freeze your balls off, the other will sell them out from under you.

User Info: Carribean_Cool

Carribean_Cool
3 weeks ago#102
AceofSpades1700 posted...
ME2 was da bes

Honestly it really was an amazing game. Sure I liked ME1 the best, but ME2 had amazing DLC missions, a wide variety of squadmates, and fun sidequests where you actually do on foot missions, unlike ME3 where all you do is scan 90% of the time.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

trapgod_revan
3 weeks ago#103
Scanning was a total pain in the ass

But ME3 had the Citadel DLC, and that counts for a lot.
I don't know which was worse, the cold or the corporations. One will freeze your balls off, the other will sell them out from under you.

Carribean_Cool
3 weeks ago#104
Honestly, it's the best DLC in the whole series, and that's my ending to the Mass Effect series. f*** that 3 colored ending they gave us, and their "artistic integrity" bulls***.

Imagine if EA never acquired Bioware. Sure we most likely wouldn't have had the Multiplayer, but the single player would have been loads better. It wouldn't have been the rushed product it turned out to be, and the overall quality would have been much better.

It's such a shame because Mass Effect 3 really did have some good stuff in it, like the Genophage arc, Mars, Horizon, the ability to equip any weapon regardless of class, the new cooldown system that's tied to weapons, just to name a few.
HH1 nobody on this board takes you seriously.I bet you think youre "one of the guys" on here and that people respect you. how about NO? -shycheesecake

trapgod_revan
3 weeks ago#105
Carribean_Cool posted...
Honestly, it's the best DLC in the whole series, and that's my ending to the Mass Effect series. f*** that 3 colored ending they gave us, and their "artistic integrity" bulls***.

Facts.

Honestly, the Mass Effect series had enormous potential, much of which was, sadly, unrealized. It opened the door to a whole new kind of game; an alien universe where one's character fights a series of seemingly hopeless wars alongside an array of diverse, in-depth, companions against armies of both synthetics and organics. Not only that, but the player may win or lose these wars, depending on how much time and effort he/she invests into the game. That in itself, while not unprecedented, is genius.

And now to top it off, unless they "re-master" the it, it's essentially set in stone that the trilogy is closed to future development, given the fact that Shepard dies no matter what. Isn't that absurd? They make a game where your choices affect the outcome of the game, but in the end, the thing that matters most is pretty much totally out of your hands.

trapgod_revan
3 weeks ago#106
Though I must say, the possibility of curing the genophage was a pleasant surprise. I was tired of hearing krogans b**** about it.

Ironic how bitterly the krogan hated the genophage, and yet these days we have multitudes of people willingly sterilizing themselves.

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
2 weeks ago#107
If they would have just pick up after ME3 (instead of going to Andromeda with a bunch of ugly uninspiring characters) they would have been fine.

With Sheppard in retirement with his love interest, a new hero arises to deal with a galaxy rebuilding, renegade Krogans, Cerberus left overs, and the leviathans.

A new team with cameos and closure from the old crew would have been just fine IMO.
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

Carribean_Cool
2 weeks ago#108
Yeah, honestly that sounds like it could be really good, especially the Cerberus leftovers and renegade Krogans. If there's one thing I missed from the previous games, it's the wide variety of enemies. I miss fighting mercenaries of all races in ME1, and the wide variety of gangs in ME2.

I understand the plot of ME3, but fighting just 3 groups of enemies made me miss the enemies we fought in the previous games, especially Krogan charging at you.

Again, I never played Andromeda, but a reboot in the same galaxy would've been my choice.

trapgod_revan
2 weeks ago#109
The lack of variety in enemies also rendered some of the powers less effective. I mean, Concussive Shot was good for lots of things in ME2: barriers, mercs, husks, etc., but in ME3, it's effectiveness was reduced to Cerberus, CAT6, and mildly useful against banshees. Same with Incinerate. Harvesters and Brutes were about the only things it worked on.

trapgod_revan
2 weeks ago#110
I also think there should have been more drell in the trilogy. Like honestly, why are there only two drell in the entire friggin' series, and those two are related?
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. As this board nears the tail end of its life...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.