Adept Build on Insanity

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Adept Build on Insanity

User Info: killuakenshin

killuakenshin
4 months ago#1
Been searching around, found mixed reviews and opinions. Seems like this game you can be more flexible with your choices of leveling up.

I have a save game carried over from part 1 where I saved Ashley (I know stupid). In part 2 I saved everyone on insanity so I don't know how that will affect this game. Now, I am playing through part 3 my first time on insanity, and using Adept as I have in part 1 and 2. I am at the beginning of the game with James and Liara. I noticed singularity has no effect on shielded enemies like in part 2 where you could detonate as long as they were in the field. In part 2 I was able to use singularity and warp for the entirety of the game for pretty much all situations as long as I had someone with overload. This one doesn't seem as simple and I feel like throw will have some significant use.

I will be using a lot of combos to punish enemies' health. I plan on completing as much of the game as possible and getting the best ending possible. So with that in mind, what are your recommendations for best squad builds? (dont care about spoilers) How about Adept best build?

Thanks

User Info: kingTYRANlTAR

kingTYRANlTAR
4 months ago#2
Insanity is not nearly as difficult as Adept Insanity in 2, so you can pretty much do what you want and you'll be okay outside of a few encounters that are difficult to the point where even the most optimized kit would struggle.

When I play I'm not a fan of pausing the game with the shoulder buttons to select powers. Unfortunately the Adept has 6 powers you can cast and only 3 buttons to map the to. So I used Pull, Warp, and Throw. A Double Pull followed by a Double Throw kills mooks quick. On bigger targets you cast Warp and detonate it with Throw. The rest of the powers you don't need.

Weapon choice is up to you, I personally used the N7 Hurricane. It's not the end of the world if you don't have 200%. Cooldown bonuses give diminishing returns as you go up so as long as you are under 100% you are okay and it is worth it to be able to bring down bosses with DPS.

I would pick Warp Ammo as your bonus power. It gives a massive damage bonus to your weapon, and when you cast Warp on an enemy you get an additional damage bonus when you shoot it.

Squadmates really don't matter, just bring whoever you like the best.
San Francisco 49ers
YOUR 2016 Coffee League Champion

User Info: CommanderAngel1

CommanderAngel1
4 months ago#3
Seconded with Warp Ammo.

I play Vanguard/Sentinel, and I use Warp Ammo for my Sentinel; saving Ashley's not stupid, so don't sell yourself short.

Warp will be your main power, due to synergy with Warp Ammo; hit an enemy with it, then unload a clip.

Singularity should only be used on enemies with no armor/shields/barriers, then use Throw on them to detonate.

On Insanity, combos are going to be your bread-n-butter.
Take the Warp combo upgrade at Rank 4 (no exceptions) and the Rank 6 Combo Mastery of your class passive if you plan on carrying heavier weapons.

If you plan on just carrying a Pistol or lightweight Assault Rifle for the 200% recharge bonus, then take the other Rank 6 class passive for more power damage, force, and duration.

Throw benefits more from the Rank 5 Detonate as the alternative Recharge Combo is only good if you plan on bringing as many weapons as possible (and if you are going to do that regularly, then you're the wrong class).

Pull is a bit redundant, but useful against Cerberus Guardians and Husks. The Rank 4 Radius is better than Duration.

Shockwave is unique in that it can deal decent damage and can even prime as well as detonate.
The Rank 4 Radius and Rank 5 Range are the best ones here, because you already have a "better" biotic combo with Warp->Throw, so the Rank 5 Detonate is redundant.
You'll want to use this for breathing room; and while I prefer the Rank 6 Recharge, you might like aforementioned Lifting Shockwave upgrade.
It can prime regardless, but this gives you more time to detonate.

But the biggest thing about Shockwave is that it travels through cover, meaning if you can see enemies on your radar but no visual, you can still hit them (hence why Reach is the better option).

As far as weapons go... any Pistol or SMG will be superior to other weapon types due to the Power Boost mods available to both.

If you REALLY want a Shotgun, then go with the Talon (you can find it on a story mission, if you miss it, you can buy it afterward) as it's a Shotgun/Pistol hybrid.

If you REALLY want an Assault Rifle, then go with the N7 Eagle (it was a DLC weapon, but at this point it should be easy enough to get for a few dollars along with some other really good weapons) as it fires rapidly and reloads quick.

If you REALLY want a Sniper Rifle, the go with the Carnifex (found on a side-mission) or the Paladin (similar to the Carnifex, but you have to buy it *expensive* but worth it) as there is a Pistol Scope mod.

Liara is a good squadmate to bring because you can back-to-back your powers with hers and vice-versa.
EDI won't give you synergy but DOES cover all your weaknesses.
Garrus is always a good choice (regardless of your class he always brings something to the table).
Ashley is very useful because of her Disruptor Ammo; it can be specced for squad usage, rendering enemy shields less of an issue AND can use Assault Rifles/Sniper Rifles.
Javik is a strange blend of the biotic classes, but his squad passive can give him up to a whopping 150% bonus to power damage while boosting the squad's power damage.

All-in-all, you want to maximize your powers, hence why the Power Boost mods are paramount; and consider your squad based on if you want to cover your bases (Garrus, EDI, Ashley) or bring overwhelming biotic power (Liara, Javik).

User Info: pprincess

pprincess
4 months ago#4
Throw is the primer you want on Insanity, the point is not to actually throw them but the effect sticks and you can follow up with other biotics or Lift grenades. Enemies are affected by Throw sticking even through protections, they can't roll away from it.

killuakenshin
4 months ago#5
Thank you for the help everyone, I appreciate it.

pprincess posted...
Throw is the primer you want on Insanity, the point is not to actually throw them but the effect sticks and you can follow up with other biotics or Lift grenades. Enemies are affected by Throw sticking even through protections, they can't roll away from it.

I tested this and, for me, throw does not prime explosions. I have throw maxed out and I can only use it to detonate either in the case of an enemy dangling from singularity, in a pull, or warped.

User Info: Just_a_loser

Just_a_loser
3 months ago#6
Honestly, when I did ME3 on insanity, I was an Adept. Spam Singularity + Warp for the biotic explosions to clear s*** out easily.

I mained the particle rifle (for unlimited ammo), and it was easy for the most part.

There were a few odd parts that were needlessly difficult, but its manageable.

Squad probably doesn't even matter. I used Garrus + Tali just because I like them. But you could also put in Liara to double up on singularities if you really want.
Your face looks like I need a beer.

User Info: BulletsWin

BulletsWin
2 months ago#7
WouJust_a_loser posted...
Honestly, when I did ME3 on insanity, I was an Adept. Spam Singularity + Warp for the biotic explosions to clear s*** out easily.

I mained the particle rifle (for unlimited ammo), and it was easy for the most part.

There were a few odd parts that were needlessly difficult, but its manageable.

Squad probably doesn't even matter. I used Garrus + Tali just because I like them. But you could also put in Liara to double up on singularities if you really want.

just a thought wouldnt N7 Lancer be better lighter just as accurate unlimited ammo just with the "spin up" time
And garrus/ edi would be my personal due to garrus overload- edi incinerate then you can detonate tech burst to wether you team make/detonate or garrus strips defences edi primes an you detonate

But apart from that (suggestions is just my opinion/preference) you seem to have nailed it for adept

If you have citadel DLC can get the armax arena armor to further boost stats and make you even stronger
Plus they are free after doing the few email "requests"

User Info: Flyinghole

Flyinghole
2 months ago#8
Throw isn't a primer, it's a detonator.
1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual.

killuakenshin
2 months ago#9
Thanks for the suggestions and advice guys. I appreciate all the help, but I couldn't get through Mass Effect 3. I stopped after saving the female Krogan.

Sorry but the dialogue, story, organization of how side missions are done and everything just is s*** to me. Its not a hard game, but a hard game to play, as in its inconvenient for a completionist like me who enjoyed the other games. Shepard is lame in this one to be honest. In part 2 he was a boss, a legend. In this one it feels like he's just internally weak.

I honestly preferred even the planet scanning from part 2 to the leaving/exiting a system multiple times trying to scan random areas of the place while evading reapers. The combat is decent but honestly I can't really get into it. Too many times do the d pad buttons for my team mates to attack or use powers not register correctly, causing them to run in the middle of the battlefield and die instantly.

I think 2 was the best and 1 was amazing as well. I just can't get into 3 though, it seems corny and they took everything that I loved from 2 away. It's cool in the sense that there's different elements and they tried new things, but I just can't get into it.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Adept Build on Insanity

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived