What makes tali so famous?

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. What makes tali so famous?

User Info: KhananOG

KhananOG
1 month ago#1
im a new player & i only started playing mass effect 5 months ago. what ruined the game for me? no it wasn't the gameplay, it wasn't the endings....it was tali. first of all this is not a rant post. i made it just to share my thoughts. tali in my eyes was an ok character. i never romanced her nor did i consider her the most important. i considered her useful as a squadmate & a friend. i never really found much interesting. hell i even enjoyed Jacob's loyalty mission more than i enjoyed tali's. but as usual im a new player & i found out tali was romanceable & i thought it was funny they added her as a romance option. but what i want to say is she is the most overrated character by fans. yes liara is the also the most overrated character but by bioware....not by fans. i never saw someone who romanced liara argue with others at least not in majority plus she's hated equally by many. but back to tali....every single youtube mass effect video, every single mass effect post, everywhere i see tali is in the top comments section. then i wanted to understand why they find her so fascinating. since i couldn't bring myself to romance her i watched tali's romance videos on youtube. the only thing i saw was that tali was more emotional the any other romances. she had a few touching lines. thats the only quality i saw & a photo shopped stock photo....nothing more? is that way people find her so fascinating? then i goto & google tali stuff. i find weird posts like "tali's sweat", "can tali have Shepard's child" & under them comments like "mordin will find a way for quarians to have humans child" & i cringe so hard. tali vs other love interest & an overwhelming amount voting for tali, like seriously even in looks & even in battle? from what i heard that people like her because she has "good hips" "nice accent" "nice photoshopped face". i mean people ignore the fact that quarians have weak immune systems & they are dextro dna & that everytime i see tali with her mask on is a real turn off? u can even see her face or emotions & many people think shepard & tali make a perfect match lol. sometimes i find talimancers on the mass effect communities & sometimes i make comments on tali that they dont agree with. when i try to show them my opinion they come off as agressive. all i got is disagree, dislike, downvotes. now im having nightmares LOL. sometimes i have a nightmare where im surrounded by people yelling tali & i wake up screaming.
is this one of the reasons why people find her interesting?
1/10. Would not read again.

Would have been 2/10, but saying something "is not a rant post" when it's a wall of text is a point deduction.
"Shut your filthy whore mouth."- AB
"But if I shut my filthy whore mouth, I can't use it to be a filthy whore. Does not compute." - TashaMK

User Info: Ghostfeet

Ghostfeet
1 month ago#3
Stopped reading at "mass effect 5".
I am a cat, who thinks he's a dog, and is trapped within a mans body.

User Info: Xebecyy

Xebecyy
1 month ago#4
It’s always been about the air of mystery IMO. What’s under the mask.

IMO the Quarians got what they deserved. They invented an AI race and then tried to commit genocide. They actually got off easy simply being run off the planet.

User Info: ozzyman314

ozzyman314
4 weeks ago#5
I think she, along with Garrus were just some of the better written characters compared to EVERYONE ELSE.
Xebecyy posted...
IMO the Quarians got what they deserved. They invented an AI race and then tried to commit genocide. They actually got off easy simply being run off the planet.

In all honesty, the whole Geth vs. Quarian arc was so horrifically written. Almost as bad as the endings itself.
Characters do a complete 180 personality-wise from previous game, Quarians get the complete "a****** makeover" and the Geth become the very definition of a Mary Sue.
"The left doesn't take anything seriously except bashing the right"
Loading Signature..........
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: AceofSpades1700

AceofSpades1700
4 weeks ago#6
Format that wall of text guy
o_o

User Info: trapgod_revan

trapgod_revan
4 weeks ago#7
Xebecyy posted...

Techinically not genocide, given the fact that geth are never truly "alive."
I don't know which was worse, the cold or the corporations. One will freeze your balls off, the other will sell them out from under you.

User Info: LingFromXing

LingFromXing
4 weeks ago#8
Cute voice, nice full hips, pretty under the mask, most interesting race in the series.
3DS FC: 1461-6371-6668

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
3 weeks ago#9
Garrus, Wrex, Miranda, Joker, Edi, and Morton are my favorites.
All lives matter. Except terrorist.

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 weeks ago#10
Mordin*

Tali, Liara, Mordin, Wrex and Joker are mine.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. What makes tali so famous?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.