Controller Support?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Controller Support?

User Info: Vodoochild81

Vodoochild81
5 years ago#1
Does this game have plug and play 360 controller support or is it straight keyboard and mouse like the other mass effect games?

User Info: JC_Karlo

JC_Karlo
5 years ago#2
Bioware has confirmed no controller support due to "development time constraints" (BS). However there's a profile for Pinnacle Game Profiler that I've been using for ME2 for the past week that works really well (and perhaps better than default 360 controls).
GT: JC Karlo

User Info: Vodoochild81

Vodoochild81
5 years ago#3
really? can you tell me where i can download this profile? Where can I get Pinnacle? Is it free?

How could it work better? The menu is made for GUI...

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
5 years ago#4
Just get used to keyboard and mouse. Like you I was disappointed in lack of controller support. I played the games on my 360 and it felt good.

Played the first two games on PC again since I wanted to PC ME3. Got used to it.

Then I tried the ME3 demo on 360. I was all messed up, it felt to slow. It just plain sucked. I guess I got used to the MUCH better aiming and controlling of powers.
Justice. Across the universe.

JC_Karlo
5 years ago#5
Here's my Pinnacle Game Profile for ME2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hlv6qb9n81iikk5

It's a modified version of this:

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12358

Basically the 8 quickslots have been mapped to RB, X, Y, and B so I really never have to open up the power menu except at the beginning of a mission to assign powers to the quickslots.

Controls:
LT - Aim
RT - Fire
LB - Power Menu
RB - Quickslots 1/2 (hold)
X - Quickslots 3/4 (hold)
Y - Quickslots 5/6 (hold)
B - Quickslots 7/8 (hold)
A - Action/Sprint/Cover
LS - reload
RS - melee
BACK - holster
START - Pause/quicksave (hold)
DPad left - squadmate 1 command
DPad right - squadmate 2 command
DPad up - Form up squadmates
DPad down - cycle weapons

PGP is $25 but has a 30 day trial (with a time limit per use during the trial). I thought it was worth it for ME3 alone since I don't want to settle for inferior console hardware/graphics, but I'm no KB&M player.

JC_Karlo
5 years ago#6
I made a mistake above: Y is quickslots 3/4 and X is quickslots 5/6. The reason being is that I reserve the first four quickslots (RB and Y) for Shepard's powers and then the remaining four (X and B) for the squadmates'. Just felt better for me that way.

User Info: Exilious

Exilious
5 years ago#7
Xpadder does the same thing and it's a bit cheaper. $9.99 USD
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz | 2x PNY XLR8 GTX 470 SLI | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Vitiate, Sorcerer Healer [Wound in the Force]
(message deleted)

User Info: Lumifel

Lumifel
5 years ago#9

Gmoney- posted...
Just get used to keyboard and mouse. Like you I was disappointed in lack of controller support. I played the games on my 360 and it felt good.

Played the first two games on PC again since I wanted to PC ME3. Got used to it.

Then I tried the ME3 demo on 360. I was all messed up, it felt to slow. It just plain sucked. I guess I got used to the MUCH better aiming and controlling of powers.
---
Justice. Across the universe.

And the console graphism are very bad too :o

User Info: Exilious

Exilious
5 years ago#10
final fantasy600 posted...
Xpadder you can easily find for free if you take certain avenues

You mean stealing software? Yeah... reported.
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz | 2x PNY XLR8 GTX 470 SLI | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Vitiate, Sorcerer Healer [Wound in the Force]
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Controller Support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived