Best Cleric Melee DPS setup..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rift
  3. Best Cleric Melee DPS setup..

User Info: jdragon21

jdragon21
6 years ago#1
Whats your thoughts on the best output for DMG on a cleric melee setup? i have a healing setup and a caster DPS looking for a melee and im just unsure.. was thinking druid but idk what to go with it. Thoughts?
WoW = Kids game........ Guild Wars 2 = Zomg come out already!!
FFXIV = Disappointing..... Rift = W00t cant wait!!

User Info: StallTactics

StallTactics
6 years ago#2
what is melee cleric dps?

User Info: BadMovieJunkie

BadMovieJunkie
6 years ago#3
I have Inquisitor/Sentinel/Warden, and loving it.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing--.

User Info: ocman1

ocman1
6 years ago#4
what's your build then? im doing inq/sen/cabalist. and find cabalist lacking.

User Info: Watcher77

Watcher77
6 years ago#5
Cabalist isn't melee to start off with o.o;
I drink your milkshake!

User Info: Darth_Dragon

Darth_Dragon
6 years ago#6
I'm personally going with a Shaman/Justicar/Druid build and destroying mobs as a melee cleric. End-game build I'm going with and slowly building towards is listed below. One thing I will say about melee clerics though is high burst but sustained is lower than warrior or mage.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00anr.VV.EedttrsAk.x
"I could plant a stick in the ground and by dawn it would grow into a better man than you."

User Info: TasteyWheat

TasteyWheat
6 years ago#7
I'm going Shaman/Justicar/Warden for mine.

While Druid gives the Shield of the Oak (amazing when paired with the Shaman's ice shield... you will rarely get hit), I can't stand the sight of that faerie (or still going druid and not having it) , and for me, water-based attacks/heals seems to make more sense with the Shaman's elements.

But Shaman for melee DPS, hands down.

User Info: Alessar

Alessar
6 years ago#8
I agree with TasteyWheat. I think going with all 3 of the souls with the Faith In Action passive (that buffs your melee power with your spell power) is overkill. I went shaman first, then warden (those early level heals are great for low level survivability) and then finished with Jus.

Generally, though a lot of the soul combos are 3 defensive or 3 offensive, I usually think it's overkill. So far, from what I've seen, you get better results by having 2 of the same sort of soul, 1 acting as primary and the 2nd as a booster, and 1 different type to cover your weaknesses (often a heal, or a self-defense).

User Info: KirynTheCleric

KirynTheCleric
6 years ago#9
Justicar/Purifier/Shaman is pretty awesome right now.

Shaman for some buffs, purifier for some healing and armor, justicar for the main spec = tank. :D
"Everything is 50% it either happens or it doesnt" -bandw2
Brawl FC- 2106-4763-3286 Zebra

User Info: TheNeoianOne

TheNeoianOne
6 years ago#10
I agree with TasteyWheat. I think going with all 3 of the souls with the Faith In Action passive (that buffs your melee power with your spell power) is overkill.

Do they stack? I figured they're just the same ability.

I just find theres too much overlap with druid/shaman. So its best to go druid/justicar/something or shaman/justicar/something.

Usually warden or inquisitor is a good third choice.
http://deadwinter.cc/
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1189/dwsig.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Rift
  3. Best Cleric Melee DPS setup..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived