Game freezes at loading screen of after attempting to load a save game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Game freezes at loading screen of after attempting to load a save game.

User Info: chaosclown17

chaosclown17
6 years ago#1

I recieved the Sims 3 game for xbox 360 for christmas and after throughly enoying the game for about 2 - 3 weeks afterward I moved on. In March I went back to play the game and it worked okay for a little while little more freezing than unsual but nothing to bad. I left it alone again until about April and then that is when it started. It froze during the loading screen where you see the green spinning diamond. I was able to get by that a few days afterward and to the title screen I would then attempt to load/continue/new game and it would go to the loading screen and freeze.

I have tried it on two xbox 360s same results. I have downloaded the latest patch no results. I have cleared the cache and wiped the game from my memory untis no results. The game sometimes frezes the xbox comepletely but other times I can go to dashboard just fine. The game has light scratching and has been cleaned correctly several times. I do not understand the scratching I have taken pretty good care of the game keeping it in a case at all times.

So my question is basically can my xbox 360 mess up my games it has the open tray error but I am able to work around that. I would also like to know is there anyway to work around this.

P.S. I have tried to download the game to hardrive stopped around 50% I do not believe the problem to be scratching bcause of no can not read disk warnings or the lack of deep scratching.

Thank you

1. Boards
  2. The Sims 3
  3. Game freezes at loading screen of after attempting to load a save game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived