Wanna know what the single best selling shooter is? It's...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Wanna know what the single best selling shooter is? It's...

User Info: holysquid

holysquid
5 years ago#11

DemosKonrad posted...
I think everyone can agree that Golden Eye on the N64 is the best FPS of all time.
---
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!" ~ Willy Wonka

Doom would like to have a word with you.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
5 years ago#12
holysquid posted...

DemosKonrad posted...

I think everyone can agree that Golden Eye on the N64 is the best FPS of all time.---"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker!" ~ Willy Wonka

Doom would like to have a word with you.

Well, let's all agree on one thing - it certainly isn't Call of Duty.

I miss Doom :( At least I still have GoldenEye on the N64. Liked Quake too.
"My name is Spartan Jay, the greatest MW3 player of all time. Because I am on your team, this team will win" ~ Spartan Jay

User Info: CatchMyFade16

CatchMyFade16
5 years ago#13
Gotcha! Is a great NES shooter too.
Robot Master Elec Man- FC: 0162-2002-1516
[IP]&ItBurns, your girl would too, if you had one.

User Info: xMessiahbolical

xMessiahbolical
5 years ago#14
Best online shooter is still Counter Strike... can't wait for the new one.
PSN - xwageslavex

User Info: Curtains313

Curtains313
5 years ago#15
mw2 is the best shooter. most smooth fast paced action.
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/863332/tebowed_medium.gif http://i.imgur.com/xCEsy.png http://i55.tinypic.com/28br2xe.jpg Boomba YE

User Info: MartinFbaby

MartinFbaby
5 years ago#16
I spent more time playing Quake 2 than all the COD's combined. I acutally spent close to 40 days of play time alone on Action Quake 2(a mod for quake 2)my highest recorded game time in cod which happens to be 30+days.
62-1 Assult Moab Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fMYJD6OlQg

User Info: pauljayess

pauljayess
5 years ago#17
Lerp85
Posted 2/2/2012 10:32:33 PM
message detail
DemosKonrad posted...
I think everyone can agree that Golden Eye on the N64 is the best FPS of all time.
It was fun, but go back and play it and you will see that games have come a long way since then and are much improved.

It doesnt matter what its like now, you always have to keep games in their time, you could argue that the worst FPS on PS3 is miles better than Goldeneye, but in 1997 Goldeneye was better than MW3 in 2012
your a idiot

User Info: SlyCooper23

SlyCooper23
5 years ago#18
pauljayess posted...
Lerp85
message detail
DemosKonrad posted...
It was fun, but go back and play it and you will see that games have come a long way since then and are much improved.

It doesnt matter what its like now, you always have to keep games in their time, you could argue that the worst FPS on PS3 is miles better than Goldeneye, but in 1997 Goldeneye was better than MW3 in 2012

If i had to choose which to play, Id hands down choose goldeneye. CoD is decent, but its FAR from the best fps. Timesplitters 2 any one?
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

User Info: holysquid

holysquid
5 years ago#19

SlyCooper23 posted...
pauljayess posted...
Lerp85
message detail
DemosKonrad posted...

If i had to choose which to play, Id hands down choose goldeneye. CoD is decent, but its FAR from the best fps. Timesplitters 2 any one?
---
"We're not tools of the government or anyone else, fighting was the only thing I was good at, but at least I always fought for what I believed in''

Timespliters was fun, but I really liked creating maps for it. That was an amazing feature.

User Info: Kastro187420

Kastro187420
5 years ago#20
DemosKonrad posted...

This. Graphics wise, current gen games have it beat. But in terms of sheer entertainment and fun, Goldeneye has pretty much every other title beat. If Goldeneye was hosted online with dedicated servers (to reduce the amount of lag as much as possible), I guarantee I'd be playing it that over CoD any day.

It may not be the best selling shooter ever, but anyone who has played the MP with other people know that it's quality more than makes up for the quantity.
PSN - Kastro187420 - Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  3. Wanna know what the single best selling shooter is? It's...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived